Boy, did i get hammered....

-

Small Block

Reaction score
......and had to take my hardrive to the shop to get cleaned up. I mean it just balled up and shut down. They found 11 viruses and 300+ spy attempts. I guess i have info that others want. May be the 3 letter guys are tracking me, or the aliens. That's it. I'll wire back when they let me contact ya'll. For now i'm here on planet abody but today i've got the phone guy coming to maybe fix my DSL modem. It's went south too. Talk about withdrawals. Since the thing went down i've developed this little flinch in my right arm sorta like setting the hook on a fish so i'll proably have to go work it out this weekend but it think i'll recover given enough time on the water. Wish me luck. I hate it when that happens. $60 to get it cleaned up. Anyone elses computer been jerked with lately?
Small Block

I dont have those sort of problems. I know several who do so I'll ask.. Do you use Yahoo ?

i use internet explorer and norton. no **** is allowed on my computer. i have picked up one virus in the last 2 years.

NOD32, and IoBit.com to tune up. Use Chrome or Firefox. IE has been out so long, its like an old beater full of bondo and rust holes...Even free AVG works. And CCleaner to squeegy the Windows every now and then...

Wow I just posted this in another thread so I just paste it here lol.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free microsoft program on thier website.I have 6 computer/laptops and halve use this and the other halve is on avast as badsport suggested.The only difference I've seen is avast runs out and you have to update the free version where essentials is part of windows updates so you never know when its updating.

I'll add with both these programs I've had zero issues in years or really ever.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free microsoft program on thier website.I have 6 computer/laptops and halve use this and the other halve is on avast as badsport suggested.The only difference I've seen is avast runs out and you have to update the free version where essentials is part of windows updates so you never know when its updating.

I work for a computer store Cyberworks for 10 years and you are 100% correct IMO all you need is Microsoft security Essentials and Malwarebytes, BOTH are free and if you are paying for antivirus you are wasting your money, I know for a fact if you use Norton and you let it expire you will have virus problems, so why pay?? I go on **** sites and I dont have issues, you just have to be carefull which ones you go on[/I]

I posted in the other thread too.
And this is what I do for a living, so I see it every day.
Malwarebytes and Ccleaner go a looong way towards avoiding being infected if you run them on a fairly regular basis, (But most people are just too lazy to do the maint)
So they end up paying us.

I posted in the other thread too.
And this is what I do for a living, so I see it every day.
Malwarebytes and Ccleaner go a looong way towards avoiding being infected if you run the on a fairly regular basis, (But most people are just too lazy to do the maint)
So they end up paying us.

I agree 100% on the Malwarebytes, that is part of my regular computer maintenance regimen.

Most people don't realize that Malwarebytes can clean an already infected computer if you start the comp in safe mode and then use Malwarebytes.
I have other tools also, for the more serious infections if needed but between Malwarebytes and Comodo AV it usually gets the job done.

I agree 100% on the Malwarebytes, that is part of my regular computer maintenance regimen.

Man, I download a boat load of stuff off the internet so I let myself open to all kinds of crap. Since I switched to Chrome, for a browser, and Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus, I haven't had a problem. Back a couple years whenever I did get a virus, I'd just go on a board like this for computer problems. Guys will walk you through removing the problems and cleaning things up for free. And no, it's not complicated.

I woke my computer up from sleep and seen this :shock: What the hell!!!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please, I don't even use chat or have another device :shock:

Attachments

• Nesting 035.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 210
Right NOW
That usually means someone is using your account besides you.

I woke my computer up from sleep and seen this :shock: What the hell!!!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please, I don't even use chat or have another device :shock:

Right NOW
That usually means someone is using your account besides you.

This was yesterday, who could be using my account ? could it be a family member, or anyone ? I need to find out and take there nea out :wack:

On my way to change my pass word...( advised by my wife) Thank you Trailbeast

Changed, I bet they/who ever it was hopes I don't find out, I did notice my pass word was easy to figure out if they knew my e-mail and birthday...... could have been anyone, My brother set my pass words up 5 years ago for me.... Know I am updated and did it my self............

Anti-Virus software is a beautiful thing and it is free for the asking as noted above. Not having it on your computer is like not having insurance on your car. No excuses....

-
Back