Bracket racing a 5.7 Hemi

-
Good question--We put the 65# spring in mine when we built the motor--Steve

Hey Joe-Question--How did you know you drained the pan??? and when you modified the pan I take it you extended the pick as well--Steve

I crossed the stripes at the top end, started to slow down, and looked at the oil pressure guage and watched it come back up from less than 10psi. Heart in throat moment!!!! :pukeleft: Yes the pickup was also extended.

Keep this going guys, this needs to get out. From what I can uncover is its Manley Nextec springs, the ones with the X at the end of the part # not the ones without, their good to .650 lift and are THE Drag Pack spring supposedly. The oil pump thing is up in the air at this point. Jesel rockers were used on the Engine Masters engine. I'm gonna use the new Milodon 31003 pan and its 7 qts. Mine junk will be 420" so hopefully it won't need to crest 7k for very long or very often. I am gonna do remote filter and cooler so might do an accumulator for sanity. Also gonna have some 6.1 stuff for sale soon if anyone cares. I was already thinking Molnar crank and rods and will probably just do that. Next thing for me is keeping the oil squirters with the 4.05 crank.

Thank you for all the information and keep it coming. Does anybody have any real life information on the Drag pack vs. Mod Man intake? I know the design of the drag pack is better but is it worth the extra damage on the wallet?

Thank you for all the information and keep it coming. Does anybody have any real life information on the Drag pack vs. Mod Man intake? I know the design of the drag pack is better but is it worth the extra damage on the wallet?

Muscle motors makes a copy. Like $650. I think it's them anyway.

For any pics of the new 31003? I called them to ask about it. They said its the same pick up as the 31000.

Sorry!! Wish I did. The I'm using the Eddy dual quad. I do like the way the DP intake is designed way better than the mod man. The runners are very short and not really tuned to any kind of RPM but for hood clearance there are few choices. I'm going to have go with a bigger hood scoop for my new intake. Oh well!!

Did anyone catch the new Jegs catalog with the 5.7 Mopar performance Lifters?????? Are these really different from stock???? $800.00 for a set of lifters,What the hell is that????? I think they are on pg.31 or 33--Steve

The Manley Nextek springs you want are:
221431x-16= 6.4 and 5.7 Eagle
221431-16= 5.7 and 6.1
Both of these are the same springs but come with different locators and/or shims for the different heads.

-
Back