Brads 72 Dart Progress

-

hunterbfp

Reaction score
Brads latest 72 Dart 446 ci Progress, 2 yrs 9 mons. Have all the new brake and fuel lines installed, new gast tank and sending unit, refurbished dash and all cluster patrs. Have 727 HP trans done used red Kolene clutches and HP bands, hemi front shaft, 4 planitary gears, and HP bolt in sprag, and manual valve body, Have B&M Megashifter for transfer of power LOL
Got rid of all that kickdown stuff! Just got convertor back from builder, will match trans, flexplate, convertor and engine this weekend and install next weekend. Have 8.75 Mopar rear end being put together using Auburn Posi with 3.73 Yukion gears and axles. Hemi hood scoop paint and 440 emblems completed and ready for install. Need to get driveshaft measurement after engine and rearend install. Have distributor , ECU, and coil on order. Relocated the ECU, Voltage Regulator and Resistor in glove box, want a clean engine compartment. Live in AZ so no heater, no air, no wipers, all clean in the engine bay! Only be driving in the AZ winter months on dry days so dont need all the extra stuff. Need a carpet kit, plug wires. Going with 70-71 grill in perfect condition...like better than the perfect 72 grille I have. Project should be completed...my guess 3-6 months from now. Not in a rush, just want it all to be correct and bomb proof. I know I forgot a bunch of stuff but this should get all interested caught up om my progress.

Attachments

• Painted, Buffed, Striped, Winged, Chromed, Tinted and Foose Wheels.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20121126_144858_175.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 213
  • New Drilled and Slotted Rotors, New Calipers, Foose Wheels.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20121126_145250_448.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20121126_143352_379.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 223
  • New Rotors!.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 253
  • Dart Painted Engine Compartment 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Awful 26 moulding holes on one side 23 on the other.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 206
Also installed Magnum Force tubular frame connectors last weekend and they went in very nice!!! No problems and love the way they look. This goes with the Magnum Force tubular upper control arms on the front. Relocated the battery in the trunk to further clean up the engine bay. Finished blocking the heavy primer on the hood and fenders today, afer engine install I will finish the front of the car. No chances of damage DURING ENGINE INSTALLATION when front is not installed !!!!

nice ride....should be a blast!

like the subtle change in the firewall

Thanks for noticing, wanted a clean firewall, just motor and nothing else. It has been a long road to get to this point but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the kind words, need a little feedback once in a while just to male sure I'm not crazy!! LOL THIS WAS NEVER GOING TO BE A STOCK RIDE. LOL

-
Back