Brake booster for Demon 340

-

hux340

Reaction score
Just did a disc brake conversion on my 71 Demon but would like to boost them. Don't like the look of the factory setup. Looks way too big. I've seen pics of nice billet style ones that look smaller & more compact.
Looked on the Classic Industries website but with no luck.
Any suggestions & also has anyone else done what I'm thinking about & was there a noticeable difference?

Cheers,
Glenn.

The smaller the diameter, the less boost. Prob should use a duel diaphragm booster. Got mine on E-Bay.

There is a new ~$135 booster/MC w/ firewall brackets on ebay. Looks nicer than the former GM conversion one that cost more.

If you mean really small, like smaller than a 7" D dual diaphragm booster, you must be referring to a "hydro-boost", which uses the power steering hydaulics pressure.

I tried the oem dual-diaphragm set-up, but wasn't happy with the boost. Since they are a bolt together deal, I took it apart to see if there was something wrong with it, or if I could mod it.The short answer is no, and no.
I switched to something oem to the later 73upDarts. Yeah its a bit bigger and mundane looking, but it works. And I wouldn't give it up. A little tweaking of the pushrod length and perfect feel. Plus if it fails, they are cheap and easy to find.

-
Back