Brake Booster?

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart with a 440, fenderwell headers and 509 cam and I have disk brakes front and rear,front is from a 75 Valiant K frame and all, and the rearend has Willwood disc on the narrow 8 3/4. my eqestion is do I have have to run a brake booster with it, the 8 in fits but it is right against the headers, maybe a 7 in will work, or can I just run the master cyclinder with a shield under it, I was thinking of that redbore master cyclinder, but that thing is not cheap, and I have heard bad things about it, please let me know.

Don't know if it will help or not. This set up was on a bracket car but I ran a 383 in a 73 swinger but instead of power brakes I used a manual brake master cyl. and had excellent brake pedal, nice and firm feel and no issues. The car had disc brakes on the front and rear drums, still have the car. Granted this was a drag car not street and the 383 is a low deck vs. the 440. I did have a shield under the master cyl. for heat deflection but as I said never had any issues getting it slowed or stopped after the traps. Good luck. Others have done this swap so I'm sure you'll get some resposes.

I have heard that, those fenderwells get in the way, I just hate having to pay all that money for a booster, I will try it.

-
Back