Brake conv. bbjoints.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m going to be doing the disc. brake conversion on a 66 Dart,I have all the parts for the swap.The upper control arms are off of a 73 Dart Swinger with disc brakes.Is this big ball joint??I,ve read that you need the b.b joint,I,m hoping that the ones that came on the car are the big ones,cause they look to be new.This would help with a lower cost for the swap.Any help is appreaciated.Thanks

73-76 A-body disc brake cars all had the large upper ball joint in the control arm.

Thanks Sedan,have you done the conv. on your car?And if you have would it be O.K to PM you if I run into problems?Not starting til the new year.

Yes I did the same swap, I run manual brakes in mine with the newer style master cylinder, I also used an adjustable brake prop valve. If you have any ques let me know, the swap was easy!

Great I,ll keep you in mind when the time comes.Thanks.I,m also tossing the 7 1/4 and replacing with 8 3/4 .489 s.g and have to find some axels.

I used Yukon axles with the "green" bearings and big bolt pattern. I also bolted a set of hd 11" cop car drums on the 8 3/4. You can see more pics and info on my car under my profile garage if you want, I have all the parts listed that I used.

Nice garage,I think four4te had a couple of the thrust rims for sale,to match your front ones.I also seen your mis-shift video HaHa!!**** happens!!I,ve done it at the track a couple times.Kinda shrank in the seat afterwords.I also have a similar setup(340 stroked with the c.force 83/4,410 s.g.4 speed)in my 73 Dart Sport 340.Best run was 12.84 at 108 room for improvement.

Do I need to swap out the lower ball joint also?Before I start I want to have all parts ready.Thanks

Do I need to swap out the lower ball joint also?Before I start I want to have all parts ready.Thanks

Yes, you need the lower ball joint from a 73-76 disk brake equipped A-body. If you think the ones are new from the doner car you could use them. Other than that I'd get new ones. They carry the load of the car.

-
Back