DusterMoritz

Reaction score
75 front brake set up in my 72 duster.
calipers in rear of spindle.
what year of brake hose i have to buy?aspen / volare
it`s different from 78- 80 .
thanx
Moritz

If I'm understanding you correctly, I would stay with a 75 year hose set-up if that's what your using for your set-up on the 72. As long as you stick to a-body lines or (depending) on which hose/s you require, ask for say 73-76 duster. With calipers in the rear you "may" have to remove them and ask for a match if your not sure what they came from.

I'm sure others will add some info here. They may have better point or ideas then I. :salut:

i have a duster from 72 with sway bar and power disk.
now installed the spindels,rotors and calipers from a 75 dart (slider type).
the brake hose (original for 73-76 a- body) is too short!
what brake hose i need???
my dealer says , that the hose from volare/aspen are differend in jear of production. 78 - 80 .
thats my problem.
thanx
Moritz

DusterMoritz said:
i have a duster from 72 with sway bar and power disk.
now installed the spindels,rotors and calipers from a 75 dart (slider type).
the brake hose (original for 73-76 a- body) is too short!
what brake hose i need???
my dealer says , that the hose from volare/aspen are differend in jear of production. 78 - 80 .
thats my problem.
thanx
Moritz

Your going to have to match them up somehow. It's not really that your hose is short for the year 75 dart, but because the "hard lines" from your valve to the hose fittings are shorter. Your caught between a rock and and hard spot. Take one out and have someone make you up some steel braided ones...or try to match up at a dealer (but longer) or........get longer hard lines with new 75 dart hoses.
Not what you wanted to hear, right?

when the caliper mounted to the rear of the spindle , you need different hoses then the originalos !!! they are too short . i know , that the hose (not the hard lines!!!) from a volare / aspen is right!!!
only what jear of produktion i need the hose??? from aspen or volare .
1977 , 78 , 79 or 80 ?
tanx
Moritz

i was just at the yard yesterday and you will most likely have to go with the aspen or volare hoses... but they come out low on the calibers. not sure where your hoses come out on the a-body set up being reversed.... it may be trial and error...

I believe I used 78 aspen/volare hoses and carefully cut off the bracket. yes, when you move the calipers to the rear in that swap, they require a longer hose. it works though. I have 74 dart spindles, 78 cordoba caliper brackets/rotors on my 68 cuda and it stops on a nickel.

thank you very much for your answers!!!
first i will buy 78 brake hose , i hope they are right!!!
my english is not so good , because i `m from germany.
look on our web-site "www.dodgebrothers-department.de"
the green Duster is mine .
greetings from germany
Moritz

Good luck with your parts.
I sure bet any of your english is "far"" better then my German. Only thing I know is sauercrout? LOL :silent:

-
Back