brake hose?

-

turbomopar

Reaction score
I went to oreillys and another local parts store ordered front brake hoses for my 73 duster both places only show 1 part number they have female connections on both ends and they don't have no block for a banjo bolt what do I do?

Get you Wilson (r) brand name aluminum baseball bat. Leave the ball at home. Go immediately but not sooner back to the very same "parts store" and confront the very same "clerk" who tried to sell you these hoses. While gently playing with the bat, I.E. tapping it on the counter, rolling it back and forth, and caressing it lovingly, explain to the "clerk" that he needs to go to the back and get the "actual" catalogue, and also mention that you have DISC BRAKES on your car, but when you mention your "DISC BRAKES" that would be the time to uh, um, ummm.. "tap" the bat on the counter for emphasis at the very same moment that you say the forementioned words.

If you don't get arrested, you'll get the right hoses.

They looked in book and found a different part number. I got them ordered hopefully the right ones. There to lazy to look in a book unless you ask I guess. They just rely on the computer. I find it odd that both stores have wrong part# in computer for disc brake cars

I went to oreillys and another local parts store ordered front brake hoses for my 73 duster both places only show 1 part number they have female connections on both ends and they don't have no block for a banjo bolt what do I do?
I have found stuff like this even on the Napa site. Sometimes you have to go up a year and search again to find the right one. I usually search the web and get the part number from their site before even going in for a part. They show a pic of the part so you will know.

They looked in book and found a different part number. I got them ordered hopefully the right ones. There to lazy to look in a book unless you ask I guess. They just rely on the computer. I find it odd that both stores have wrong part# in computer for disc brake cars
My girls car is a 96 Mark VIII and I ordered intake gaskets for it to find they were wrong. The Felpro pack says Mark VIII 96-98 so they ordered others that show 93-96 and those turned out correct. I found myself on all the parts websites I had to look up a 95 to find the correct ones for a 96. What I am saying is during a changeover their site is off by 1 year usually.

-
Back