Brake ID Help

-

SprinklerMan

Reaction score
I have a very nice 72 Scamp that has a disc brake conversion on it but I can not figure out what brake pads to buy for it. Has anyone seen this kit and know where to get parts? See photos of pads and plate.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 106
That looks like the Scarebird kit. Maybe go to their site and check if no one comes up with the answer here.

I agree. Looks like scarebird.

Be very carefull with the threads that go into that plate. Very easy to strip out. Make sure to clean the bolt and threads to help them last.

Thanks for the help My First Swinger!! I went to their website and the rotors are 1990 Celebrity. New pads are ordered and all is good.

Just to add, from the slight peak of your spindles, your car originally had 9" drums (slant six?), so when getting front wheel bearings look for that. Downside is they are smaller than 10" drums had. Both outer wheel bearings failed in my 9" drum 69 Dart, destroying the hub both times (race spun in hub). Buy the best quality bearings you can and don't over-tighten. They are a very common size: SET1 & SET4, Seal 41257[2].

-
Back