Brake light problems

-

chayden

Reaction score
On my 67 Dart, the left brake light only works when the right turn signal is on. I have a chassis wireing diagram, but not for the column. I can read schematics and I know thats where the problem is and think I know why. ( rusty ground caused over current). Fixed the bad ground but its time to pull the wheel. Gotta be a cooked contact. Any thoughts?

i think youre on the right rack but i hate to tell you, that switch is hard to find and kind of expensive. if it was 1970 or later you can find them easy. early a's, not so much. good luck..

I had a similar problem with my right brake light not working everytime the cam canceled. Turned out to be a dirty contact in the switch. Pull the wheel and the cancel cam to get to the contacts if it is like mine. The sliding contacts might be dirty and just need cleaned. Be careful not to lose any parts when taking it apart as they are tiny. Easier and cheaper to fix if it is just a dirty contact. Keep in mind the left brake light should always be on when the right signal is turned on. If the light goes out on center turn switch, one end of the contact is dirty or not making contact at all until the right signal is activated.

thanks yours is the most detailed reply the left break lt does stay on when the right signal is on

-
Back