Brake light switch

-

TerraBella

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with my brake lights working sometimes and not working at other times. I think I've tracked it down to the switch at the break pedal this is on a 65 Barracuda auto trans car. anyone know where to get a replacement switch??

Thanks!!

Seems like I bought one. Did you check rockauto or Autozone? It is a simple 2-wire switch that turns on 12 V to the single brake lamp wire when the pedal goes down. The supply is always hot. But, probably OK and just needs the bracket adjusted, maybe a little sandpaper on the contact surfaces.

Brake lights is not something to muck around with. Get finned $***.xx for no brake lights or worst case scenario get rear-ended.
The brake lamp switch at the pedal may very well be the culprit. It's easy enough to replace so go for it. If that doesn't fix it, you'll be assured the turn signal switch is the culprit. Good luck

I'm having some trouble with my brake lights working sometimes and not working at other times. I think I've tracked it down to the switch at the break pedal this is on a 65 Barracuda auto trans car. anyone know where to get a replacement switch??

Thanks!!

Got one at local parts store, funny how some things just are not avlb. and some are on the shelf!
THANKS

-
Back