Brake Lights and Turn Signals not working

-

Brandini

Reaction score
Finished up the front suspension on my 69 Barracuda and checked the brake lights and other lights the brake light and turn signals do not work. Running lights do come on. What could possibly be my problems? New to older cars, Thanks in advance.

Did they ever work?
Is your battery dead?
What electrical work have you done before they stopped working?
Any mechinal work under dash, steering wheel, near bulkhead connectors?

Did they ever work?
Is your battery dead?
What electrical work have you done before they stopped working?
Any mechinal work under dash, steering wheel, near bulkhead connectors?
Just purchased the car i'm not sure if they have ever worked. Have not done any elctrical or wiring work. Do have a good battery.

Go to MyMopar. Download yourself a free factory service manual, and also the aftermarket two page wiring diagrams, which can be easier to follow than the ones in the service manual..........but not always complete

I would start by pulling the rear bulbs, examine the sockets and clean if necessary, check the bulbs. If no joy, access the column connnector feeding the turn signal switch. Also try the hazard flashers and see if they work. Hazards in 69 is a separate toggle on the dash

There are two separate flashers, one for turn, one for hazard. Check the stop light switch up on the pedal under the dash. It should always have power

Then with a meter or test lamp you can back-probe the TS switch connector and see what you have.

Yep.
The other place to check is do a search here for the pdf's 1969383s made. They are copies of the factory diagrams but with layers that can be turned on and off. Also on some I beleive he made small corrections.

if you find some of the schematics posted that I've done, just be careful to note any differences between '67 and '69. There might be small changes in how the hazzard/brake light/parking/turn signals shared fuses or the exact routing.

-
Back