Brake line/ proportional valve

-

directconnection340

Reaction score
Hey can anyone shed some light on this for me. I replaced brake lines on a 1972 duster 340. Front disc back drum. The valve I had to hook the lines up was fine until I tried hooking up the right caliper side. The thread on the line is 3/8 and the input on the valve is 7/16? My question is this the WRONG proportion valve or can I just replace the threaded nut with a 7/16?
I attached a photo hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

IMG_2310.jpeg

Hey can anyone shed some light on this for me. I replaced brake lines on a 1972 duster 340. Front disc back drum. The valve I had to hook the lines up was fine until I tried hooking up the right caliper side. The thread on the line is 3/8 and the input on the valve is 7/16? My question is this the WRONG proportion valve or can I just replace the threaded nut with a 7/16?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 1716106303

Thanks in advance

View attachment 1716106303
That proportioning valve looks exactly like my drum brake valve from my 69 Dart, that has the same size threads as shown here.

Looks like the same valve I have, I didn't replace mine and have had no trouble running 4 wheel GM Metric disc brake conversion on a 73 originally all drum Duster. I just had to poke holes in the one way rubber deals in the master.
I'm using a bone stock 4 drum master and pro valve since 2018 daily driver.

Yes the fittings on the lines are wrong.
The correct lines have the right fittings. Which IIRC are different on the M/C end, than on the valve end.
When you replace the fittings, make sure they they are tight on the lines

-
Back