Brake pedal bolt to push rod

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Im trying to finish up little stuff now on my 67 Dart. I have a power brake set up. I noticed my brake pedal has some play like its lose. The bolt that goes through the pedal lever to the push rod that goes out the firewall seems good and tight. Dose that bolt go in one way or does it matter?????? I have it so the head of the bolt is on dr. side and the nut on pass side..PITA to get in and tighten. Thanks and im sure its a easy question.

think after all these years here id post a pic as well.LOL This is the bolt in question, Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0154 (640x480).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 172
It's been a while since I removed one, but I believe those only go in one way. I remember them being larger on the side that goes through the pushrod and smaller where they go through the pedal.

My car had an O-ring on the bolt when I pulled it apart to do a manual to power conversion. The box of used power disc parts had the same bolt as mine. It also had a groove for an O-ring but the O-ring was disintegrated and gone.

There is an adjustment on the rod behind the master with a lock nut at the front of the booster. I'd try that if anything else doesn't work. That should take the slop out. Also,do you have the spacer in place that goes between the master and booster?

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 162
There is an adjustment on the rod behind the master with a lock nut at the front of the booster. I'd try that if anything else doesn't work. That should take the slop out. Also,do you have the spacer in place that goes between the master and booster?

Yes i do.........Its the pedal that seems a bit sloppy. I can wiggle it around some. Thats why i posted in regards to the bolt. Im thinking i may have it in wrong or im missing something.Thanks for your reply:D

You can wiggle it,like there is slop between the bolt and where it slides in the peddle? That would be the o ring issue for sure or a worn hole. Your welcome :)

Honestly, that looks like the wrong bolt and looks like a standard bolt that someone put in. This bolt should be a shoulder bolt, with a smooth shank right below the head that is of larger diameter than the threaded part. The shoulder goes through the hole in the rod and IIRC bolts hard to the pedal. (Which is what Brad4406 is saying.) Time to pull the bolt out and see what it is.

Honestly, that looks like the wrong bolt and looks like a standard bolt that someone put in. This bolt should be a shoulder bolt, with a smooth shank right below the head that is of larger diameter than the threaded part. The shoulder goes through the hole in the rod and IIRC bolts hard to the pedal. (Which is what Brad4406 is saying.) Time to pull the bolt out and see what it is.

The one he has looks like the right one to me. It's difficult to see at the angle, but the head (hex) of the bolt is thinner than most standard bolts. That looks like the proper thin hex head on that bolt...

Maybe its not a huge deal but i find the pedal itself seems a bit sloppy. maybe thats just the way it is? dont know. Im trying to get it ready for spring to be on the road and dont want brakes to be a issue. Just thought maybe the bolt should be the other way around? washer or spacer missing? Thanks for all in put. Edd

-
Back