Brake pedal removal from housing

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the housing out and right now I'm trying to get the main swivel pedal off from the housing.. Ou can't seem to figure out how.. Any ideas? Thanks a lot..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 145
Is it possible to do this inside the car? I'd like to clean up the brake lever and paint it. And how does it come out? I see a small nut on one side. Does that allow the pivot shaft to slide out?

ermarccio,
Might depend on the year & model, which you didn't tell us. On my 64 & 65, a small screw secures a "fork plate" which slides into a groove in the pivot shaft to secure it. Remove those and you can tap the pivot shaft out and the brake pedal will drop down. There are plastic bushings that slide into the pedal's cylinder which might need replacing, so try to get those first if you feel any wobble now. I might have seen those from a big seller at a Mopar show who is probably also on ebay. I have a 74 pedal assembly (auto) and recall it is similar, but perhaps never removed the pedal. The pedals and bracket differ from mine.

Thanks, Bill. I thought I had my 68 Barracuda listed in my signature, but I guess not. Any how, my pedal assembly looks exactly like the picture above. I think your explanation for the 64 & 65 years may apply still. I'll have a better look tonight.

-
Back