Brake problem?

-
Still nothing :banghead:

About the only thing that hasn't been tried is the prop valve, it costs about $300 and is non- returnable so if that isn't it then there's some more money flushed :angry7:

Rob
If you clamp the front hoses closed and the pedal comes up, then it isn't the prop valve.
Did you check into the caliper/MC match?

George

Well now they tell me if you clamp the front hoses the pedal comes up but still isn't firm, kind of mushy, they're thinking prop valve or booster maybe. They're also talking back and forth with the Institute of Nothr American Auto Techs or something along those lines. Apperently they checked the caliper and master bores etc. to see if that was ok and it was.

It boggles my imagination, brake systems are fairly basic so it just doesn't make sense. Since they're unable to fix it so far we still don't know what caused it in the first place. All was good and then I had no pedal for no apparent reason :munky2:

take the vac line off the booster an stick a long zipp tie down the whole an then remove see if any brake fluid is on it . if there is your booster in full of brake fluid replace it . i had one come into the dealer ship that had no brakes an the guy told me they have done every thing to it . pull wheels ok unbolted master cyc new pulled the vac hose off did the zipp tie deal fluid on the end of it . new booster an we have brakes . one other thing always use new master cyc had to many problems with rebuilt master cyc even ones from dealer . (master teck dodge 25yrs)

take the vac line off the booster an stick a long zipp tie down the whole an then remove see if any brake fluid is on it . if there is your booster in full of brake fluid replace it . i had one come into the dealer ship that had no brakes an the guy told me they have done every thing to it . pull wheels ok unbolted master cyc new pulled the vac hose off did the zipp tie deal fluid on the end of it . new booster an we have brakes . one other thing always use new master cyc had to many problems with rebuilt master cyc even ones from dealer . (master teck dodge 25yrs)

Well that's a new one, thanks!! I'll get them to try that, there's not many stones left unturned so maybe that's the ticket :-D

-
Back