Brakes figure this one out

-

dave ellis

Reaction score
63 bee body brakes mounted adjusted and bled, master cylinder sealed, no leaks anywhere. Went to take car out of garage and ran over my storage shed. Checked the master cylinder and it was empty.WTF?

power brakes?

if so, betcha all the fluid is in the booster. or in the carpet of the footwell...

63 bee body brakes mounted adjusted and bled, master cylinder sealed, no leaks anywhere. Went to take car out of garage and ran over my storage shed. Checked the master cylinder and it was empty.WTF?
If there's no leaks anywhere, you must not have replaced the brake fluid used while you were bleeding the brakes.

If there's no leaks anywhere, you must not have replaced the brake fluid used while you were bleeding the brakes.
Nope, did that. I'm I suspect only into the power assist drum now even though it's new and the master cylinder is also. That's the only thing left I'm afraid. Thanks, Dave

If you think it's the booster, check the inside of the vac hose for fluid with a long screwdriver, there would also be telltale white smoke out the exhaust .
Good luck .

Ugh, that’s not good.

Hopefully the storage shed collapsed like a cheap lawn chair???

Is there a pool of fluid on your garage floor? Brake fluid doesn’t evaporate. If not on the garage floor then either in the booster or the footwell of the car!

-
Back