Brand new Mopar Dash Pads-NICE!

-
Find a link to a free download of the factocy service manual. I could type out instructions but I would surely forget something and misspell everything else. LOL
If there are tips to add that the FSM doesn't offer maybe I can help there. Good luck

its easy hahah ya right steering wheel gets dropped down gauge cluster comes out glove box door comes out from there you should have enought room to wiggle your arms in there will be like 4 or so nuts holding the pad down under the dash and in my 1974 swinger there was 2 screw on both the arms to the left and right on the sides thats I had to practicly rip out to get out seeing as it was next to impossible to get a tool in

will throw some pics out when I am on my other computer of my dash pad swap

Let us know how well the fit is. I may eventually buy a new one instead of redoing mine.

A 1/4th inch flexible drive socket set will make this job easer.

And there are 5 nuts.
Look at the dashpad and note the location of the little nut studs on it.
You'll see where the corosponding holes are in the dash, and where you have to get to under the dash.
I would disconnect the battery first too, just in case.

in my 1974 swinger there was 2 screw on both the arms to the left and right on the sides

my Duster had the same screws on the ends, but my repo (from BE&A) didn't have provisions for them. If I was going by the new one to pull out the old one they could have been a bit of a surprise.

Well I bought a brand new dash pad for my 74 swinger from http://www.dantesparts.com/dashpad.html

This thing looks like it came from the factory in 1974.

Now, how do you put the damm thing on? Do you have to tear up the entire dash?

If it the repro that is molded out of a solid think rubber like urethane, I sent it back

And buy one that is make like the originals from www.beaparts for cheaper. The www.beaparts.com ones have a metal core, hard dense foam structure, then vacuum formed vinyl skin. Just like originals do.

"A-Body

Reproduction molded urethane dash pads with correct cologne grain."

Look at the grain very very closely. The ones I've seen had popped bubbles from pouring in the urethane into the mold. The should feel heavier than originals too.

If it the repro that is molded out of a solid think rubber like urethane, I sent it back

And buy one that is make like the originals from www.beaparts for cheaper. The www.beaparts.com ones have a metal core, hard dense foam structure, then vacuum formed vinyl skin. Just like originals do.

"A-Body

Look at the grain very very closely. The ones I've seen had popped bubbles from pouring in the urethane into the mold. The should feel heavier than originals too.

This actually looks like a factory part with vynal overlay and metal frame. This looks really well made.

"A-Body

Whoa, dude that site is expensive.

"A-Body

And I was told the urethane ones can't be dyed either. Has anybody had any experience with these dash pads? EParts told me that these can be dyed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dart-GT-GTS-Black-Dash-Pad-/130612335799?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e691a14b7#ht_615wt_932

Mine is from PG classics love it shipping cost sucked but I love it good detail fit great

Attachments

• 100_0721 (Copy).JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_0723 (Copy).JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_0725 (Copy).JPG
    115 KB · Views: 414
  • 100_0726 (Copy).JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 100_0728 (Copy).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 100_0729 (Copy).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 419
no mines all originall its has a few marks I screwed the one piece up when I pulled the blue painters tape

BEA parts is located in the USA. PG Classic is located in Canada. They sell the exact same stuff. Why pay for cross border shipping if you don't have to? :dontknow:

Wylde1.

-
Back