Brand X Modern Musclecars

-

HEMIRAM

Reaction score
It seems that alot of guys on here are at the age that just missed the musclecar era. I came of driving age in 1976 so most of the real muscle was well used by then , not that I didn't have a ton of mopars they were and are my first love. After 1980 it was a complete dry spell unless you wanted a mitsubishi or had the $$$$ for a viper , so how many of you who wanted modern muscle went to the dark side , what did you get , or do you still have it. I went through the chevy stage Iroc's and vetts but never really liked them , later on I got stuck on stangs and never really got over them now the stangs and mopars live together. Hope I don't get banned for this subject.

My dad taught me to hate fords and chebbies im 16 now and am mopar to the bone!

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABYYYYY!

Had a few chebbies. A 70 Monte Carlo, A 67 Chevy II w/a 7800 rpm 355, and a 71 Z28 LT1 4spd. I don't miss any of em, but they were nice cars. They just didn't have any soul, if you know what I mean. I miss every Mopar I've ever gotten rid of:sad6: My wife digs Pontiacs (88 Formula and 01 Trans Am vert) but her first love is Ma Mopar too:thumblef:

I never owned any other classic car other than mopar , I only tried other brands when Chrysler started the whole FWD craze , I wanted the brakes , suspension , and looks of a modern car that Chrysler wouldn't supply. In 99 I bought a Dakota R/T that was kind of fun but still a truck , in 05 I bought a 300C and it is still fun but not a muclecar , don't want to spring $60,000 for a new Challenger. A-Hole car dealers.

they all have thier good points but my first
love is a mopar then pontiacs.

70's 'Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 70 Pontiac Gran prix
then all the others in that order

Mopar baby! The only non-mopar vehicle I have owned is my 1998 S-10 truck, I really like that for the fuel mileage. My wife had a 1967 Camaro RS 327 that her dad left to her after he passed away, nice car but she sold it cause her sisters were all fighting over it!

I guess I lied about other classic cars I did have a 429 cobra jet car and a few others but never really liked them so I sold them and bought my duster back , it instantly became my favorite again , I never should have sold it. Wow I'm 48 and my mind sucks I still have a 66 stang and totally forgot about it. I guess I might be trying to block it from my memory.

I've owned 42 Mopars. I've owned 4 Mustangs. A 69 Mach 1, black, 4 speed, a 70 Mach 1, Calypso Coral, 4 speed, an 01 with a 5 speed, and this one. It's a stick too

05_Stang.jpg

Thank God I thought I was the only one , this is mine supercharged 6 speed and tons of fun. At least this site is more mature if you mention anything but stang on a stang site your toast.

bullet4.JPG

I have and have owned non Mopar daily drivers but I have not nor will I ever own a non Mopar performance car. Thank you very much.

We picked up our Mach 1 in 2004, only because a 2 door Dodge with a Hemi was still 4.5 years away:( I've taken the Mach 1 to the track once. The ambient temp was over 100 degrees, yet it still ran 13.89 at 101.

I was never a Mustang fan, but at the time the choices for an affordable performance car were the WRX STI, or the Mach 1. I went with Detroit Muscle over Japanese rice. The Mustang may not handle like an STI, but the STI can't match the sound, or the feel of a rear wheel drive V-8 car.

71front1.jpg

71engine.jpg

71scoop.jpg

I haven't completely forsaken Ma Mopar though...

71dodge_700.jpg

The '03 Ram is within 5 hp of the Mach 1, and has more torque, but for some reason it's not quite as fast;)

I got my drivers license in 1990. There wasn't really any factory muscle cars at that time. 5.0 Mustangs and IROC Camaros were the cars to have. IMO the best thing to come out of the 80's was the GNX or Grand National. I've always loved the old Mopars though...

I plan on buying one of those new Challengers as well. Looks like the economy is beating everything down. The new Challenger is down to $46k at a local dealership here in N. CA. I should have one within 2 years. Rumor has it that the hemi is going away after 2012 so I'm going to get into one of these SRT8 Challengers anywhich way I can.

I've own brand X cars but none stood up to the abuse like the MoPars.

The only muscle car I have had owned and still own is my Cuda. Even though it is a 73 and post big power years, the OE engine was not in it when I got it and the aftermarket made sure it was more powerful than Detriot ever made it.
Others were;

68 stang 302, 2bbl, not a mucle car
72 Cutlass, 350, not a muscle car
79 ElCamino SS 305 4bbl. not a muscle car
67 Impala I6 not a muscle car
72 LeMans not a muscle car
73 Tempest not a muscle car
73 Duster not a muscle car
(2) 79 Dodge Magnums 360 & 400 cids not muscle cars

I had an 89 LX 5.0 back when Chrysler was only building turbo K-cars for the Mopar-faithful. Sure I felt dirty but that car was a lot of fun to drive and made all of the right noises.

DSCF0002_004.jpg

The Shelby Daytonas were nice cars but musclecars they were not.

i had a 1990 mustang 5.0 rag top. loved that car. would love to have another. hell i would go buyt a new mustang rag top today if i wanted the damn payments. those cars are sweet.

Why is it that almost all of thr mopar guys went blue oval for modern muscle I think I was bred to hate bowties. Nice Mach ab7fh I bought one in 03 but was starving for power and really wanted a cobra nothing like a mid 11 sec. with the a/c on.

Why is it that almost all of thr mopar guys went blue oval for modern muscle

mustangs were cheap to buy,good looking and have reasonable priced and tons of go fast goodys. easy to work on and they just run man. its is/was a no brainer. hell what choice did you have? camaro? hell no, anything from chrysler? lol yea thats good for a laugh.

I just never understood why Chrysler abandoned us for so long. I would have been buying their muclecars all along even when they were nothing but stickers and spoilers. I had a 75 Road Runner and a 78 Volare Richard Petty kit car , they were totally gutless but still fun to drive. After 1980 it was all FWD with jap motors I hate rice cars to me if it isn't RWD V8 it isn't muscle.

Not me, I'm hardcore, remember Mopar or no car!!!!!

Add me to that list! Couldn't say it better. If all the rumors about Ma Mopar going under or selling off it will be interesting to see how long I can keep my '03 PT and '04 Dakota on the road. I don't put a lot of miles on them so they should last a long time. As long as I can get parts that is!

Well, to please a woman, I bought a 68 Corvette Roadster (2 tops) with a HiPo 327 and a 4 Speed.............

Right after I paid, the left rear axle bearing went out...........Soon after that, the motor went belly up with smoke and no power...........Had it rebuilt, and the stupid mechanic SET the heater hoses on their connections, but didn't clamp them down...........On the way home, we overheated the fresh motor and it was back at square one.....then she burned up the clutch coming out of traffic lights in 4th gear with her girly friends........

Soon after that, I got mad at the girl in her Dad's driveway, dumped the clutch in reverse and dropped an axle in the driveway........the car sat right down on the left rear tire..........

Had the car towed, and the jack$%# picked it up too high with his standard strap tow truck, and ripped the glass front valance apart as he drove away.

I lost my job, and couldn't pay the repair bill ($485. for the axle, new brakes, and a new clutch set-up....boy THOSE were the days, huh?)........Had to sell the Vette to one of the mechanics for $2100. + the bill.........He painted the car, did some crushed velvet inside, and sold it for a clean 10 grand.

That's my brand X story. I know, I know. Not a day goes by.........and then I married the girl too.

(but it WAS a Chebby......and that's my ONLY consolation.....)

I just never understood why Chrysler abandoned us for so long. I would have been buying their muclecars all along even when they were nothing but stickers and spoilers. I had a 75 Road Runner and a 78 Volare Richard Petty kit car , they were totally gutless but still fun to drive. After 1980 it was all FWD with jap motors I hate rice cars to me if it isn't RWD V8 it isn't muscle.

They've still abandoned us IMHO. The Challenger is a cool car but Chrysler doesn't offer the car with a manual transmission until you step up to the $35K R/T model and then they charge an extra $2K for the privilege of rowing our own gears! I don't know about the rest of you but I can't (won't!) make payments on a $35K car that I'm only going to drive once and awhile.

It's always been mopar for me. i've had e few brand x cars, but nothing worth mentioning. i like to think of myself as:" I'm a true anti-GM guy" more then anything"! YOU CAN CRAM YOUR vettes, cameros, and chevelle's STRAIGHT UP YOUR A$$!!!! just my opinion.

The current Challenger will be offered with a manual soon enuff, but not for me.

The price tag is just to much. 6 cylinder cars need not apply for my stable.

Sorry for this Im mopar to the Bone now but before 15 years ago I was a chevelle guy. had a 64 a 67 ss and a 70 with a built small block. Mopars were always more expensive than brand x. Now all I want to do is blow the doors off brand xers.

-
Back