brand x

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Dammit Ray , I found a brand x station wagon I`ve wanted for a long long time, RUST FREE, STRAIGHT A LOT OF PARTS, NO ENGINE AND TRANS.
Now that I have the barracuda about finished, "I hope" , I really cant afford another basket case, or have the room to build it .

I got a fresh Chevy closed chamber 402 that needs a good home. lol

Is that a factory bored 396?? Please elaborate on this brand x apparatus you speak of.

Yes. Chevy decided to bore the 396 .030 over for the 1970 model year. Lots of mythical reasons out there as to why. The real reason was cost. The 396 was an odd bore size at 4.094". Chevy was coming out with its all new 400 for the 1970 model year. The decision was made to bore the 396 out to 4.125 making it the same bore as the new small block 400 so they did not have to keep making the different size rings. They could use the same rings on both engines. The 402 is simply a .030" over 396.

What was interesting was the 402 was never marketed as a 402. It was marketed as a 400 in trucks and larger cars and still marketed as the 396 in Camaros and Chevelles. I guess GM didn't think 402 sounded as zoomie as 400 or 396.

Dammit Ray , I found a brand x station wagon I`ve wanted for a long long time, RUST FREE, STRAIGHT A LOT OF PARTS, NO ENGINE AND TRANS.
Now that I have the barracuda about finished, "I hope" , I really cant afford another basket case, or have the room to build it .
I got a couple 340s or 440s we can install !! Hell ya , lets go 4 speed or a Dakota 5 speed. Just have to see this "brand X" ride first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry friends no Chevy here, I only do Mopar or no Car !

Last edited:
Is that a factory bored 396?? Please elaborate on this brand x apparatus you speak of.

LOL
No way in h---, would I put that small of a big block in anything. If I were going bbc, it would be big---

Last edited:
I got a fresh Chevy closed chamber 402 that needs a good home. lol

If , I were to try this, it would definitely a "big" sbc engine > 434 or so , 600-660 h.p., there are those for sale that even have a 30,000 or 5 yr warranty. not that I`d have the coin to buy one all at once. I`d love to buy an engine, but always had to build them little by little.
To spill the beans, it`s VEGA STATION WAGON. I`ve wanted one ever since I sold my 406 vega !
I haven`t mentioned this to my wife yet, I know she would freek out ! LOL

Finally, a good excuse for a LS swap
Tell me, is this station wagon still in the shipping crate?

th?id=OIP.jpg

Wagons have their place in the muscle car world. :lol:
Vegas fit right in :lol:

If , I were to try this, it would definitely a "big" sbc engine > 434 or so , 600-660 h.p., there are those for sale that even have a 30,000 or 5 yr warranty. not that I`d have the coin to buy one all at once. I`d love to buy an engine, but always had to build them little by little.
To spill the beans, it`s VEGA STATION WAGON. I`ve wanted one ever since I sold my 406 vega !
I haven`t mentioned this to my wife yet, I know she would freek out ! LOL

I too Love Vega Wagons....

Our old race car.jpg

Both tracks, had a black 69 Dart with hot pink stripes down the side.

Both tracks, had a black 69 Dart with hot pink stripes down the side.

I actually remember that car. My Son and I raced it at Bandimere then traded it to a Guy in Pueblo for a Pro/Street Falcon Panel Wagon. We were pretty green, I'm sure you had the upper hand at Bandimere. I've been trying to locate our old car but it's probably a Toaster by now :)

I actually remember that car. My Son and I raced it at Bandimere then traded it to a Guy in Pueblo for a Pro/Street Falcon Panel Wagon. We were pretty green, I'm sure you had the upper hand at Bandimere. I've been trying to locate our old car but it's probably a Toaster by now :)

I might have seen it or know it.

I remember a pro street falcon near to me. This was back in the early 2000s
"Just falcon around"

LOL
No way in h---, would I put that small of a big block in anything. If I were going bbc, it would be big---

You severely underestimate the smaller cube Chevy big blocks. Especially with the right heads. ....and this one has the right heads.

FATMOTOR3.jpg

-
Back