brand x

-
If , I were to try this, it would definitely a "big" sbc engine > 434 or so , 600-660 h.p., there are those for sale that even have a 30,000 or 5 yr warranty. not that I`d have the coin to buy one all at once. I`d love to buy an engine, but always had to build them little by little.
To spill the beans, it`s VEGA STATION WAGON. I`ve wanted one ever since I sold my 406 vega !
I haven`t mentioned this to my wife yet, I know she would freek out ! LOL

Tell you what you could do....and this would be super cool. The 472/500 series Cadillac engines have gotten a big following. Heads, cams, intakes, the whole ball of wax is available. Now THAT would scream cool. In fact, Cadillac Performance makes a kit I've always wanted to try. A swap kit for the little late 70s early 80s malibu. Remember those? How badass would a HOT 500 be in THAT? LMAO

That is definitely some good iron there

Thanks. I got a little work in that one. I WAS going to get a 68 El Camino to put it in but the guy cannot find the title on it. He keeps buggin me to get it but I don't buy without a title. Not anymore.

I actually remember that car. My Son and I raced it at Bandimere then traded it to a Guy in Pueblo for a Pro/Street Falcon Panel Wagon. We were pretty green, I'm sure you had the upper hand at Bandimere. I've been trying to locate our old car but it's probably a Toaster by now :)
this is the car.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Here's another little tidbit while we're on the "brand X" thing.........a LOT and I mean a LOT of people.......even GM people don't realize this, BUT Chevy is the odd man out with GM. Why you ask? I'll tell you. ALL the GM corporate engine EXCEPT Chevy accepted the SAME motor mounts and had the SAME bellhousing patterns. Chevy was different. I have ALWAYS wondered WHY GM did that. SO, if you had a Buick and wanted to slam a hot Olds engine in it, weekend swap. Olds and wanted a Caddy? Weekend swap. Olds and wanted a Chevy? Scrounge a few days for all the parts and another transmission. I've just always thought that was strange.

Here's another little tidbit while we're on the "brand X" thing.........a LOT and I mean a LOT of people.......even GM people don't realize this, BUT Chevy is the odd man out with GM. Why you ask? I'll tell you. ALL the GM corporate engine EXCEPT Chevy accepted the SAME motor mounts and had the SAME bellhousing patterns. Chevy was different. I have ALWAYS wondered WHY GM did that. SO, if you had a Buick and wanted to slam a hot Olds engine in it, weekend swap. Olds and wanted a Caddy? Weekend swap. Olds and wanted a Chevy? Scrounge a few days for all the parts and another transmission. I've just always thought that was strange.

326 - 455 Pontiac .. drop it in
350 - 455 Olds .. same
Untill they started that SBC in everything bit.
AMC V8s same deal I think.

You severely underestimate the smaller cube Chevy big blocks. Especially with the right heads. ....and this one has the right heads.

View attachment 1715344345
Not so my rusty brother , I have a healthy respect for the sbc, especially after that 406 sbc vega, drove it to work occasionally, got good mileage, a would kick some corvette *** on the 4 lane, ran 10;70`s consistently and a best of 10;40 flat.
I just wish I could figure out how to swing the wagon, before its gone / Dammit ray !

Not so my rusty brother , I have a healthy respect for the sbc, especially after that 406 sbc vega, drove it to work occasionally, got good mileage, a would kick some corvette *** on the 4 lane, ran 10;70`s consistently and a best of 10;40 flat.
I just wish I could figure out how to swing the wagon, before its gone / Dammit ray !

I like Vegas, too.

You severely underestimate the smaller cube Chevy big blocks. Especially with the right heads. ....and this one has the right heads.

View attachment 1715344345
I still have a 350 truck engine hanging on a spare engine stand too----hyymm , stroker crank, alum heads, a good solid street roller , about 11 to 1 , headers , turbo 350 , tubbed = kick *** !

I remember a pro street falcon near to me. This was back in the early 2000s
"Just falcon around"
^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL ^^^^^^^ good one !
Rani, how many valiant wagons have u got ? That would be right up there w/ the vega wagon for me .

Tell you what you could do....and this would be super cool. The 472/500 series Cadillac engines have gotten a big following. Heads, cams, intakes, the whole ball of wax is available. Now THAT would scream cool. In fact, Cadillac Performance makes a kit I've always wanted to try. A swap kit for the little late 70s early 80s malibu. Remember those? How badass would a HOT 500 be in THAT? LMAO
TOO HEAVY , a 434 sbc would kick it`s a$$ !

The starter is on the opposite side. I remember running into that when I put a Buick 350 into a Chevy impala that i was going to flip

Been 23 years now..My memory fails me at times :)
You probably saw me and didn't register it or remember. I raced the cuda in a high schooler class. Then when I went college level automotive school (pcc) I raced a yellow duster.

My friend raced a 69 GTX. The guy with the yellow falcon was always at PMI with a nephew and I was an item with him during those days and he later bought and raced a 69 sport satellite dressed like GTX. my cousin had the white GTS out there almost every weekend.

Been 23 years now..My memory fails me at times :)

You might have been before my time. I started going regularly in late 2003 and 05 and 06 were my best years. Then I kinda stopped going around 2010. I have not been out there for years now

You probably saw me and didn't register it or remember. I raced the cuda in a high schooler class. Then when I went college level automotive school (pcc) I raced a yellow duster.

My friend raced a 69 GTX. The guy with the yellow falcon was always at PMI with a nephew and I was an item with him during those days and he later bought and raced a 69 sport satellite dressed like GTX. my cousin had the white GTS out there almost every weekend.

We raced mostly at Bandimere and didn't get to Pueblo with it.The guy we traded it to ran in Pueblo. I miss racing but got to old

The starter is on the opposite side. I remember running into that when I put a Buick 350 into a Chevy impala that i was going to flip

Funny you bring up the Buick 350. Back in the mid to late 70, you could raise the hood on a WIDE assortment of all GM products and chances are, Buick 350. Oldsmobile car? Buick 350. Pontiac car? Buick 350. Even some Chevys got the Buick 350. ........which to me is a better engine than the Chevy 350. Best I can tell is GM had a pile of left over Buick 350 engines and had to use them up.

Went to school with a guy that had a Pontiac Ventura with a Buick 350. That thing would ROAST the back tires. It was a fun car.

-
Back