Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I unmounted and cleaned the springs leafs. At night I painted them..

this week I will mount them with a plastic material between leafs.

Resize of DSC03898.JPG

Resize of DSC03901.JPG

Resize of DSC03902.JPG

mounted springs together with a plastic thin sheet between each leaf.

pictures 1-3 shows plastic and springs..

to put center pin, I used a clamp to help me. Remember, don't do it withou an adult supervision =P~=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~

I used an alley bolt to clamp all spring leafs.

the final step is just about trim plastic excess with a knife..

Resize of DSC03910.JPG

Resize of DSC03908.JPG

Resize of DSC03911.JPG

Resize of DSC03913.JPG

Resize of DSC03916.JPG

Resize of DSC03917.JPG

Resize of DSC03918.JPG

Yesterday I starded to measured and cut sheat metals I bended ...

driver floor is now pre-cutted and marked where I do need to trim.

hope to weld it.. I will try to rent a mig machine to do this job

any suggestion will be welcome!

Resize of DSC03919.JPG

Resize of DSC03922.JPG

Resize of DSC03923.JPG

Resize of DSC03939.JPG

Resize of DSC03940.JPG

Resize of DSC03941.JPG

I drilled some holes in k-frame to wel upper sheet metal to lower metal (lower metal is not drilled).

BUT now I thinking using some bolts with round head shape to make it differente.. but not sure if it will be beutiful ..

any suggestions?

Resize of DSC04132.JPG

Resize of DSC04133.JPG

Resize of DSC04135.JPG

Resize of DSC04136.JPG

today I emptied old oil from my engine. I pretty sure that old oil was resting inside engine at least for 15 years (Yes.. engine was idle about 15 years).

althought engine is in very good condiction, old oil became solid at the botom of engine (don't know the english name for that part).

I used wd40 to clean all 8 cilinders.. I hope no one pinston rings locked after wd40. I will let it rest for some days. then, I will paint engine with a bright orange

Rotation of Resize of DSC04190.JPG

Resize of DSC04192.JPG

Resize of DSC04193.JPG

Resize of DSC04194.JPG

Resize of DSC04200.JPG

Resize of DSC04201.JPG

Resize of DSC04202.JPG

hi,
we use these plugs without any problem. We (my friends and me) used to buy Ap5fs plugs (ngk). But now, bosh are much cheaper. 2 friends are using in their car and are satisfied.

some others friends are using rf11yc (champion).. but they cost almost 2 times than bosh.

Are those the right plugs? They seem to have a tapered seat.

hi,
we use these plugs without any problem. We (my friends and me) used to buy Ap5fs plugs (ngk). But now, bosh are much cheaper. 2 friends are using in their car and are satisfied.

some others friends are using rf11yc (champion).. but they cost almost 2 times than bosh.

The factory plug here in the states is a RN12YC with has a flat base, the heads are machined different in Brazil?

hi,

i read this whole thread, amazing work my friend, you are a big insperation to alot of us, please let me know if you need anything. if there is something you need that you cant get there again like brake shoes, maybe we could figure out a way to get something to you through the states. im willing to help you out. keep us posted like always. -travis

I drilled some holes in k-frame to wel upper sheet metal to lower metal (lower metal is not drilled).

BUT now I thinking using some bolts with round head shape to make it differente.. but not sure if it will be beutiful ..

any suggestions?
i think it should be welded, it will be strong forever that way

Now I'm confused. I allways tought that our 318 engine were identical.
I found in user manual from a 74 brazilian dart "original plug ngk-f6p"
Once I posted a picture from an original plug.. it's clear that we do not have a flat base plug :p

attachment.php

I will try to do a little reasearch about it.. Now I'm confused and curious

Hi Travis, thanks for your comments. I will weld it... now I have to do a lot of work..
My breaks now are complete. both front and rear. Now I'm working on suspension parts. I bought last friday from rockauto a pitman arm and an idler arm. Hope to ride soon!

See attached picture of RN12YC, this is the most common small block plug from 1967 till the late 80's (longer if you count the 2.2 engines)

340's used RN8YC if my dusty memory is still working right..

rn12yc.jpg

thanks gdonovan. Tomorrou I will take a shot of my engine to check if brazilian and american 318 la are different...

Now I know why I was having difficult to buy plugs from ebay.. because I was looking for a different than yours!

See attached picture of RN12YC, this is the most common small block plug from 1967 till the late 80's (longer if you count the 2.2 engines)

340's used RN8YC if my dusty memory is still working right..

today I cleaned my tiny room.. as I have 3 cluster panels, plus 3 I´m rebuilding to a friend, I dicided to put them in the wall..
note that brazilian A bodies have barracuda like clusters.

DSC04287_resize.jpg

Hey grab that grill off the white car in the engine pics for me.LOL

Hi, If I do that I will lose one of my best friend!

I'm almost with a complete charger front end. About 50% ... Just have to get a grill and a grill bezel.

Hey grab that grill off the white car in the engine pics for me.LOL

OK I've got grill piece, Taillights ,gt trunk panel, misc little things. Did you every get GTS letters from that link I sent you?

Man that is CRAFTSMANSHIP!
very resourceful and Ive enjoyed the thread..so where can I order one of these reproduction Brazilian Chargers grills
I love the look!

-
Back