Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I like the concrete for your yard. We have grass that has to be mowed. Whats up with the blue 5 window coupe body? Another hot rod in your future? I like the vintage fooseball table too. Are you going to restore it?

my wife hates grass and bugs. So I decided to concrete the backyard area and abort the swimming pool project.

the 5-window coupe is a fiberglass replica. I bought it last year. A friend makes these fiberglass bodies (www.lakester.com.br).

I´m just doing minor works on it. I enjoy a lot welding and, I think, it is distressing me a lot.

I think that 5-window do not imposes me that heavy weight in my shoulders the dart does. I may be exaggerating my feelings.

Take a look at the inner steel framing work of the 5-window.
btw, I will use a spare 318 engine I have on it. Just have to rebuilt it.

I like the concrete for your yard. We have grass that has to be mowed. Whats up with the blue 5 window coupe body? Another hot rod in your future? I like the vintage fooseball table too. Are you going to restore it?

Its cool. A really badass bodystyle. Who cares if its fiberglass. Your friend built one heck of a nice 5 window coupe car body. This would be very $pricy$ to buy even in the states. The metal tubing structure looks well built too.

Dont stress over the fiberglass construction. Look at it this way no rust to deal with. Plus you will have plenty of precision welding to do and enjoy when you make a frame for it. I really like the 1930 delivery sedan. I have a friend who restores 1930s model A fords. He has an all steel 29 sedan delivery he just restored.

Are you going to go fenders and a hood on it for a street rod look or fenderless and hoodless for a rat rod look?

My wife loves the grass, i wish i could concrete it all lol, and roll out fake grass that doesnt need water or to be cut lol.

This would be very $pricy$ to buy even in the states.

- I spent a few $. The real problem is: I will have to import hot rod parts from US. Cheap parts became expensive in this process. For example, I bouth a 4" drop socal from axle. 250$. Paid more 260$ to import.

Dont stress over the fiberglass construction. Look at it this way no rust to deal with.
- in fact, I enjoy fiberglass. Moreover, we have no other options. While ford built more millions of a-models, we (Brazilian) did not have imported more than a few thousand in that time.

Plus you will have plenty of precision welding to do and enjoy when you make a frame for it.
- basic frame is done.

Are you going to go fenders and a hood on it for a street rod look or fenderless and hoodless for a rat rod look?
- Not a rat rod. I intend to use small fenders. A reference I use is the well know 32 yellow coupe from American Grafit (Where were you in 62?)

Yep american graffiti. I think they used cut up trailer fenders for the front fenders on the movie car. Possibly the first movie with harrison ford in it.

Fibreglass is really easy to work on and repair. It does need extra caution. Wear gloves,a mask and a full cover disposable paper coverall if grinding or creating any fibreglass dust. You DON'T want it in your lungs or on your skin.

Fibreglass is really easy to work on and repair. It does need extra caution. Wear gloves,a mask and a full cover disposable paper coverall if grinding or creating any fibreglass dust. You DON'T want it in your lungs or on your skin.

I know well the feeling...

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to tell Alex how impressed I am with his ingenuity and tenacity! I love the Brazilian A-Bodies and to see one lovingly restored through all the various distractions of life (all good things mind you), is inspiring. Alex, hope it got done to your satisfaction and that you are enjoying it!

-
Back