Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I do understand about depression Alex,and can sympathise. Having a neaurological disease like multiple sclerosis has had me hit many low points.

Hi guys, such a long time
I think I´m back!

last 2 months I re-started working on my car.
I did finished exuahsts, cleaned carb and now, I think I can ride it around the neighborhood.

I´ve build all exhaust system at home (but the headers, which are long hookers´s), using scrap stainless pipes.

_ERmJ2xpEbJpUcWhBIABcElP47tUKuV7uW08HmeJewd3abNgt-2kfIDBoIGee3NtN9ZyIdHMI58o8ww=w440-h330.jpg

pldGbmEzkDtX1b0bCLgilaioDUDJmqEChydw7D5VunJQEIuzjWMx8_D6sTBgrKt8x78Wh2xiBXWJVWY=w440-h330.jpg

tEuOWUb-K22ki18BDMHdLJYxzAc_PIojl2TTE_w158NkAxC0xm30vakk4A0TAUkyrEFZTxWCZPnmGxY=w186-h330.jpg

gLsP2bxEsik_MFlWvSBmw3tsYcB-QKv5j5KZRpME2kCvENkBSnxapfs6QHvm9sSBa4fz6ef0gxExEoM=w587-h330.jpg

KhdI07O4PO1MMylw5imigiE_3NGWJiSzdFeNSnuvhfAYaB4ozGvtNjUk2vS942FV3axW7Vthhdr_zRo=w587-h330.jpg

I made these brackets

dKMy69uItLo2tMMumU8iJa3vJlYwBgpUY_yNrTKAzeE3e01VaZmrJZAuyIJVzKnWFB6CZpzIjrbDu_I=w587-h330.jpg

abwDX2z9hh0nWrF50JPTqJQ8M40BReugGqg41yUuTU2tpUGCoj_-o6zUCI13bP6PH7EPZVFDVvazNVY=w186-h330.jpg

I also installed taillights

they look like 68 US tail lights, but Brazilian are plastic (or acrilic). In special, the model of my dart (dart SE) they are black. My old dart (the 76 model) used a totally different taillight.

in a near future, I will use the metal taillights. Just have to buy a pair of bezels (I have the other parts).

l3XEDZucfT53Z4q4rduA3pjj-p5HQG4aKy9nmsmdhvqMo9QgkHWCPgl5nBosyMc-6EL-HvTt16pA51I=w587-h330.jpg

qk7S5_p4Z9dMwEXpf1yDkn1stmsgbyHIwkzC3KkCO57IboIlO-kDwouHkfcjl2ffxMQvIvKdaJnZzxg=w587-h330.jpg

MxXCJGpNMO0TlAZAeBU-tR6NwBky9pGfeIPRKcXjpc8ptMU5auSBuue9x9BU9nFCaFdy4bKAUEiyg0Q=w587-h330.jpg

ps: note in this last photo that I fixed the roofrail trim previously problem!

I also fixed a leak on steering pump. I thought was the o-ring. but I realized that I did nod properly tightened the rear screws.
Well, bought new oring (just in case) and installed again.

86fVMmBq4RJ0zHGvrtX-9KnhrIg3TxdMak8U4QoHYMTcwlkvnV3rQBl933H1qbRgjdSNCp97-7AlW-E=w587-h330.jpg

Forgot to tell all of you. I lost a few pounds and had my hair cutted.
Take a look at last Sunday´s movie my wife made.

In sum,
I´m happy
I´ll buy a few missing part (will ask for help later)
and my car still not have register (had to hire a lawyer)

I also installed taillights

they look like 68 US tail lights, but Brazilian are plastic (or acrilic). In special, the model of my dart (dart SE) they are black. My old dart (the 76 model) used a totally different taillight.

in a near future, I will use the metal taillights. Just have to buy a pair of bezels (I have the other parts).

View attachment 1715061324

View attachment 1715061325

View attachment 1715061326

ps: note in this last photo that I fixed the roofrail trim previously problem!
I find that interesting that they took the 68 U.S. design and cast them from plastic, then painted them. Prob for cost reasons i presume. Cheaper to cast plastic and paint than to pour pot metal, and chrome it. Are you eventually planning on using a 68-69 spec U.S. grille? The brazilian charger hood with the bulges and vents looks cool too.

Just looked through your whole thread again. Damn fine work Alex. I cant wait to see completed pix. You should post before and after pix side by side. Lots of hard work.

I find that interesting that they took the 68 U.S. design and cast them from plastic, then painted them. Prob for cost reasons i presume. Cheaper to cast plastic and paint than to pour pot metal, and chrome it. Are you eventually planning on using a 68-69 spec U.S. grille? The brazilian charger hood with the bulges and vents looks cool too.

Thanks for your words.

I was planning to use 68 front grilles on my past dart. When I sold it, I sold spare parts. The actual dart, the one I rescued from a junkyard, I will try to use all possible Brazilian stock parts.
I have its matching number engine (yet not rebuild) wich I will use in future, painted in blue.

Hi guys, I´m using instagram to post photos and videos. Hope link works here.

Last weekend I solved a small issue that was annoying me. Horn button! I did not find a stock horn button, so, a friend aluminum casted one for me. I had to change the nut because it was touching the steering column. 5 minute work in the middle of night.

fom fom (not beep beep)

today I went to a friend´s home ... driving my dart SE
finally a longer run than a ride around the corners

everything ok, but my Dart license has been cancelled in 1984! Brazilian burocracy is really crazy.

Sounds like most governments. I know here in B.C Canada,getting insurance and titles for cars that have none is a daunting task.

-
Back