Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Worst job ever. I've done a few now and its a real pain to install any type of sound/heat proofing. Hard on the knees, hands and wrists. But as they say 'no pain, no gain'. You will love the difference it makes towards making the car feel solid and quiet. Are you planning on using some inside the doors? I did - and it makes a huge improvement on how solid it sounds when you close it. Looking good as usual. One thing a day and it will be done soon!

I intend to use some inside doors and rear panels. I'll use the "aluminum" one.
The black insulator I'm using on floor is denser, much better but it needs heating to glue properly.
The "aluminum" is lighter which makes adhesive works without heating. Inside doors I think will be hard to use heat gun.

This night I almost finish floor soundproofing. I have to put some insulation bellow back seat.

just testing if bowls fits. I'm not sure I installed them on correct order :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

DSC00008.JPG

I don't know If I will cover trunk with this sound deadener mat.
Burnt my finger tips :D :D

DSC09576.JPG

Looks like someone will be painting the house soon?

I've never painted this wall (outside wall of my home shop).
I'm painting and the over spray will be used as a primer to the green paint I will use :D :D.

My wife is already annoying me about this black spray on walls :glasses7::glasses7::glasses7:

I love the sound of rattle cans in the morning....:D

I also agree with you that the overspray is not a problem and that it is in fact a primer for the future green paint:D

Looking good Alex....keep on, keep on. You'll be on the streets in no time.:cheers:

Oh Oh....What happened there? Looks like it got ran over.
Gonna need more than paint to get that scratch out!

Oh Oh....What happened there? Looks like it got ran over.
Gonna need more than paint to get that scratch out!

For now, I'm trying to not mind with this smash. Gas sending unit is working fine (achieving the bottom of the tank). If I push the metal its original position, I think it will tear.

Starting repair the windshield wiper motor. A lot of durst in it.

IMG_4776.JPG

Found the problem! stuck. Replace

IMG_4771.JPG

I am amazed at the progress you are making. :happy1: We all want a ride when you're finished. When are you coming to the states? :D

fixed and working!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BjQSRFEyOkQ"]windshield wiper motor test - YouTube[/ame]

Get your bows in line from front to back and install them in the pockets on the back of the headliner. Install the headliner with bows into each of the support clips. You may need some good rubber cement/contact cement for the rest. You have to stretch the front and backs over the little teeth/tack strips that are punched out of the inner roof structure then bend them back over. You may have to bend them out first. The teeth and a bit of the glue should hold the liner in place. Once done there just stretch the sides into place and cover them with the trim pieces. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to smooth out the wrinkles or let the car sit out on a hot sunny day.

Here is a video with some tips to help.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJU6m1ZkwQg"]Installation - Bow-type Headliner, Part 2 - Installation and Finishing - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck

-
Back