Brian’s stepped up again.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Great running car. Beautiful too.

IMG_0050.jpeg

Still working at it. Got the new motor running Tuesday night at about 10, loaded it in the trailer and drove 8hrs Wednesday to get MIR. Best mph of the weekend was 129.46, air was about 1300' so looking at old time slips it's up about 2.4mph from the old motor. I don't think it gained much up top, but it's an animal down low. My best 60' of the weekend is off a tenth from it's best. Got home Sunday morning at about 3:45am, had the rear end and suspension out of it at 1pm. Have a plan and a bunch of steel/chromoly ordered. Hoping to have it back together to have back down to Cecil Friday night. My girlfriend is convinced I am insane.

Still working at it. Got the new motor running Tuesday night at about 10, loaded it in the trailer and drove 8hrs Wednesday to get MIR. Best mph of the weekend was 129.46, air was about 1300' so looking at old time slips it's up about 2.4mph from the old motor. I don't think it gained much up top, but it's an animal down low. My best 60' of the weekend is off a tenth from it's best. Got home Sunday morning at about 3:45am, had the rear end and suspension out of it at 1pm. Have a plan and a bunch of steel/chromoly ordered. Hoping to have it back together to have back down to Cecil Friday night. My girlfriend is convinced I am insane.
I saw a video of your round 3 race against Bryan. He got out on you but obviously you drove around him, nice job.

Gotta get myself down to this event next year, looks like it was a fun day.

Awesome job. Need an intake? lol
Yup. And I really appreciate it!
I learned a lot doing this intake, I have easily a couple months of my life into it. Made a mistake I didn't catch or think about until I went to bolt it on Sunday. I port matched it to a gasket, realized my mistake when I went to glue the gaskets to the head and the ports weren't even close. Verified with a bore scope when installing, oblonged the holes some and made it better. New project over the winter.

I saw a video of your round 3 race against Bryan. He got out on you but obviously you drove around him, nice job.

Gotta get myself down to this event next year, looks like it was a fun day.
We agreed I would give him the hit. That was my best run of the weekend. I don't have any kind of data recording or any electronics so I use the gas pedal to get it off the line and usually can get mid 1.5's but this new motor is a lot trickier. If I had to guess, I didn't go full throttle until probably 2.5 seconds into the run and it managed a 1.59.

I saw that on Facebook. That car is badass all over.

Looks like a little warm spell coming your way this weekend. Hope the cool/dryair conditions hold on for Fri night. Born and raised in Mont. Co Md. until i was 30, i sure miss racing at those tracks. Now just a 64 yr old retired southern boy living the dream thru y'all...lol.

Your car is one bad dude and i really appreciate the time and effort you've put into making it one of the most special Dusters on the planet.

And yes, the GF is right, you are insane...but in a good way.:poke:

We agreed I would give him the hit. That was my best run of the weekend. I don't have any kind of data recording or any electronics so I use the gas pedal to get it off the line and usually can get mid 1.5's but this new motor is a lot trickier. If I had to guess, I didn't go full throttle until probably 2.5 seconds into the run and it managed a 1.59.
Didn't realize that you guys negotiate the jump but I guess it makes sense. I think Bryan usually runs a little quicker than that? He looks to be getting good bite with the stick though. You seem to have the gas pedal feathering thing down.

Your car is making some power for sure. 904 or P.F. 727? Can I ask what rear gear?

Still off in the 60', but man the work over the year in the motor is starting to show. Air is 1200' so still not mineshaft. Think I have something figured out for tomorrow.

PXL_20231028_014754793.jpg

Like I said earlier, unreal. Is that with a new rear gear or the same as the old engine combo?

Awesome job!! The crowds over on FB are going nuts over the Duster! Seriously the most impressive car running in the class.

The L88s & ZL1s are boring once you realize they have to use new edelbrock performer rpm heads to compete and run the numbers they do...

Best pass of the weekend. Learned a lot about the new motor combo. The new rear suspension seems to have a lot of potential that I just need some track time to work through, but at least I got it back to where it was. @PRH I'll be calling soon. I have ideas.

PXL_20231028_165059682.jpg

PXL_20231028_170201910.jpg

-
Back