Brian’s stepped up again.

-
Right around there. Unfortunately added weight to the front and rear this year. Was in such a rush at the end to get the motor together, and then get the rear end straightened out I did not get a chance to get it on the scales.

Thanks for sharing some info.

I think that's awesome! I'm building a 416 engine for my Duster and am going to keep it as stock looking as possible. Nothing to the extent of a true FAST car but more of a sleeper.

Adding the trunk key to the key chain is NOT adding weight to the front!:):)

Are people really that oblivious? It's painful and sad reading through the comments. Had no idea that "appearing" was such a tough word for people to grasp.

Has to be an odd feeling for Brian... he achieved this awesome thing that he should rightfully be proud of but then hundreds of random people come along and question the validity of said awesome thing and then go even further by adamantly insisting it just can't be true or that he somehow cheated to get there. Just bizarre.

If people (jackasses) are questioning whether or not his car can be that fast it just shows how awesome of a job he’s done making the car look stock and run hard. I bet it’s pure joy for him.

Some are just good people who just don’t understand the class. Some are just it’s impossible because they can’t do it, and finally the trolls. My master plan of making $$$$$$$ off the hardcore head in the sand guys hasn’t really taken off. The trolls would never get off the couch. I guess it is pretty easy to call someone a liar, but they sure don’t have a lot of confidence in their stated positions.

I saw you offer up $500 to bet any doubters but no one has takin you up on it yet.

Luckily for me I don't have a Facebook account. Lol.
I don't think the car is all that special, if anything it just shows how stubborn I am when I set my mind to an idea. There are a couple of cars being built that on paper should be easy contenders for giving the duster a run for it's money so I have a couple upgrades planned for the winter that hopefully will make it a little harder for them.

I don't think the car is all that special, if anything it just shows how stubborn I am when I set my mind to an idea. There are a couple of cars being built that on paper should be easy contenders for giving the duster a run for it's money so I have a couple upgrades planned for the winter that hopefully will make it a little harder for them.

I’m more impressed with the ability to hook on a small tire than I am about the ET. I know I could get the needed horsepower but lots of time, patience, and testing would be needed for the rest of the set up. Great job getting all of that set up.

I’m more impressed with the ability to hook on a small tire than I am about the ET. I know I could get the needed horsepower but lots of time, patience, and testing would be needed for the rest of the set up. Great job getting all of that set up.
I agree. And with a 3.91 gear which seems like it wouldn’t be adequate. But that just proves that conventional wisdom is not always correct.

Might be some ‘magic‘ in the converter too. Regardless, the car just works.

Dusters make the best race cars!

I’d say just for the fact that there are only a handful of cars in the world that do what yours does makes it pretty damn special. Tires, power, all of it, you’ve done a great job with that car.

I agree. And with a 3.91 gear which seems like it wouldn’t be adequate. But that just proves that conventional wisdom is not always correct.

Might be some ‘magic‘ in the converter too. Regardless, the car just works.

Dusters make the best race cars!

Well for sure you wouldn’t want a deep gear like a bracket racers uses. It’s more about top end power so every thing I know about picking and degreeing in cams would go out the window. My builds start at the first 60 foot and hit it HARD.

The rules in F.A.S.T. are impeding to make power and get it to stick.
Building within the rules and putting down the numbers the cars do impresses the heck out of me.
F.A.S.T. is a class in it's self, but the cars in it could certainly take a few bucks from some grudge racers. lol

The rules in F.A.S.T. are impeding to make power and get it to stick.
Building within the rules and putting down the numbers the cars do impresses the heck out of me.
F.A.S.T. is a class in it's self, but the cars in it could certainly take a few bucks from some grudge racers. lol

If they ran on the track surface that most grunge races are ran on the FAST cars would spin. They aren’t running in every day track conditions. There is different types of track prep for different types of racing.

Oh, it's special all right. Just amazing what you have accomplished and we're all out here rooting for you!! Running that ET and that mph on that tire and naturally aspirated....WOW is all I can say!!

If they ran on the track surface that most grunge races are ran on the FAST cars would spin. They aren’t running in every day track conditions. There is different types of track prep for different types of racing.
I'm very well aware of track prep, the difference between Spokane Raceway( a AHRA track) and Pacific Raceway ( a N.H.R.A track) was night and day.
Spokane always started out green. lol

I’ve run the 7.0 class at NPK’s and some other “no prep” events (mostly for the food) with a M&H DOT Musclecar bias ply tire on it just for giggles and giggles is what I got! Really need a true slick for that stuff. These cars really like radial prep because of the stiff sidewall. A low SLR helps to not let the tire get away from you. IIRC, the change to 3.91 was to keep the rpm’s a bit more reasonable.

-
Back