Broadcast sheet

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where is the strangest spot you found a build sheet in your car..? Anyone ever found one under the headliner..?

Mine is under the back seat bottom cushion. Unfortunately its confetti though....

I have heard of headliner, under the carpet, above the glove box, behind the bucket seat backs and of course under the rear seat or seat back.

Mine is under the back seat bottom cushion. Unfortunately its confetti though....
Same here... Was hoping to find a second one as I've heard there are occasionally multiples..

For being 56 years old, my build (broadcast) sheet was actually laying on the floor, under the rear seat on the passenger side, covered with all kinds of junk on top of it, gum wrappers, old receipts, coins, dirt, etc.
Build sheet.JPG

I found both my broadcast sheet and traveler card under the carpet. Also found a dart swinger BS under the carpet that appeared to have been taped some where to tell the line to install A/C. It has H51 in marker on the back. Was neat to find all this plus a potato chip wrapper under the carpet.

I found mine intact and legible under the rear seat cushion. I'd be interested in your BS, as my car is also a a '70 Swinger 340 with H51 factory A/C. Maybe PM me, so my VIN isn't broadcast over the dark web. Paul.

Be sure to save your confetti. A few years ago, I reconstructed a build sheet that was in two softball-size mouse nests found under the back seat. Most of the pieces were 1/8". It actually turned out pretty good and very legible.

I found one in a '69 RR under the headliner that was the wrong color for the car (Q5) and a second one in the springs of the rear seat lower cushion that was the correct color for the car (F5).

I found mine intact and legible under the rear seat cushion. I'd be interested in your BS, as my car is also a a '70 Swinger 340 with H51 factory A/C. Maybe PM me, so my VIN isn't broadcast over the dark web. Paul.
Sorry it is a 69 Dart and no AC—LM23P9B235389. I have put the vin out there before, maybe the car is out there. The H51 was for the Barracuda.

Nothing left of it, under the package tray (69 Dodge Polara)
2010-09-25_004.jpg

2010-09-25_005.jpg

Alan

It helps that my car spent most of her life in the Desert. It has a Richland, WA nuclear facility parking permit from 1976 in the windshield, and a BYU parking permit in the rear glass. Car has zero rust, and factory H51 A/C. I'm certain that helped the broadcast sheet survive.

It helps that my car spent most of her life in the Desert. It has a Richland, WA nuclear facility parking permit from 1976 in the windshield, and a BYU parking permit in the rear glass. Car has zero rust, and factory H51 A/C. I'm certain that helped the broadcast sheet survive.
By any chance does your car have a "haze type glow" around it when it gets dark outside? :lol:

1969 A56 'cuda340.
Under the front seat cushion. Standard fold down armrest bench seat. Almost perfect condition.

Some cars have had as many as 5 broadcast sheets in them, but it is rare for all 5 to match the car due to how the sub-assembly lines ran.

I just found one in my mailbox for a purple 1970 Challenger R/T in my mail box, but broadcast sheets show up here fairly often.

I'll use it for the April 2021 IOTM on HH.

Trying to find out why my 69 Dart Swinger 340 in F8 Green had black steel wheels. Can anybody help with this? Having difficulty deciphering this build sheet.

B4FBE57A-8CAB-4D6F-8158-86CF8D2A32B2.jpeg

Black steelies on a green car are an indication that it came with full wheel covers.

4 in mine,all for the car.1 behind rear seat,one taped to back of glove box liner and 2 under the carpet on driver seat area

Last edited:
-
Back