Broke window yesterday

-

Roadart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I broke the right(passenger) side door glass yesterday. This is a 72 dart hardtop. After cleaning up the glass and taking parts out,how does the lift bracket rivet come out? It goes thru the glass to secure it . Is it replaceable ,if so where do i get one? I dont have the glass yet ,but want to get things in order. Also after cleaning out i found a plastic(?)expansion plug. It has a phillips head screw to tighten it down. Any ideas where it goes?? I find no holes for it to go into.The shaft is about 1/2" diameter

The center pin in the lift bracket anchor pulls out the will allow the other half to come out of the glass

The item with the metal screw is for the window stop. It goes into a hole in the glass and limits the travel when it hits a stop bracket. As mentioned by cudascott, the mounting bracket rivet comes in two pieces. You install the washer looking piece into the glass and lift bracket, then push the pin part into the center to spread the tabs and lock it in place.

Thanks cudamark,after looking at it for the umteenth time i figured it was a stop. Since my window was in a million pieces i could not tell . The service manual gave me the idea. Thanks.

well need it ! just checked on it , its a clear glass passenger side , also have the rest of the side glass . pm me if needed . yes its a great member base here for sure . member have come to help with my issue , great bunch of guys n gals !

Yes clear is fine(all glass) Could probably use other side glass if price is right. Let me know price(s) we will go from there Joe

-
Back