-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72duster72

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
408 magnum broken crank see picture. I would like to sell as whole. Here is list of parts.$1700 is price. it is in castle rock co. shipping will be buyer responsibility. Thanks I do have a list of all parts from Hughes.

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

Could you let us know who's crank that was so we can stay away from it. Unless you feel there was a logical reason for it to break that way.

The engine is internally balanced and I had a fitment problem with the fluid dampener that was on there and I changed it with a stock internally balanced balancer and I think that's what caused it

Thanks for that reply. I read the 1st receipt about the heads and skipped the rest of the paper work. I've read guys saying stay away from Eagle cast cranks and now I know why.

As far as I know just the crank. Obviously it would have to be torn down and clean as you can tell by the picture of the oil pan there's a lot of metal in the oil pan.

I wasnt sure if the pic of the Eddy head was showing a crack... Thats why I asked.
If the piston had direct contact with the head at high rpms bad things happen.

Exactly what were the circumstances when this happened? High RPMs.... Under load... Just cruising...?

I wasnt sure if the pic of the Eddy head was showing a crack... Thats why I asked.
If the piston had direct contact with the head at high rpms bad things happen.

Exactly what were the circumstances when this happened? High RPMs.... Under load... Just cruising...?
does it have intake valve covers what cam in it

Actually was going about 15- 20 mph going around the autocross at the good guys .show just got their third run got to stop box And I started Klacking Far as I can tell timing chain did jump nothing seem to hit but without tearing it all down I can't tell for sure but I pulled on the trailer fine that's about all I know

It broke just before the first Rod journals. If anything the Pistons wouldn't go all the way to the top. Due to the break

I will run one (not hard for sure) but have not broken mine. This was a shot from a user online that was very close to your damage. This must be the weak point as many have had failures here.

That's where the Eagle cast steel cranks break. It's very thin there. We've had a few members other than yourself have the issue. I honestly don't think your balancer swap had a thing to do with it. No need to blame yourself as this is a common occurrence.

Seems like a great deal even with the broken crank. Sorry that happened. Good luck man.

That's where my Eagle cast crank snapped. Their garbage IMO. The good thing is it did no other damage. Swapped in a new Molnar crank and all is good. Sure wish I was close. $1700 is a steal IMO

DSC00069.JPG

Wow! That's why I use scat instead of eagle, also when I build em I go forged instead of cast. It's all Chinese junk. But Chinese forged is better junk than cast.... Imo.

My Eagle cast also had an identical break, that was 8 or more years ago now. Luckily it kept driving the front stub and cam and I had no other damage. The machine shop that sold me the cast crank initially and set it up managed to get me a credit with eagle for the cost of the cast towards an eagle forged. The forged piece was beautiful, night and day difference.

Mine broke after I replaced the auto with a 4 speed the first time I seriously power shifted 1-2. It developed a severe vibration after the break but kept running.

Wow,lucky break. I won't chance it. I use forged period. Not worth the crap shoot on savings...lmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back