Broken heart

-
I had a snap ring pop out on a 727. It would go from 1st to locked and as soon as i would back off it would go back to first.
Snap ring and a new servo And it was good. Had 1st and reverse only.

Number one, you both came out unharmed.

Not near the same story but relevant.
Hat a crazy thunderstorm,heard the loudest bang in my life.
All freaked out, checking house for damage, the wife noticed smoke. I see neighbour’s garage on fire. 82 gmc camper van-mint
2014 harley all loaded up.
95 chevy 1/2 ton that never saw snow.
Bombadier 800 atv with less than 200 miles. All his stuff was spotless.
8B1AD71B-C4E2-4E42-9B88-52C5B2E149AE.jpeg
Be thankful you can bring it back. Hes still bothered by it to this day. I had to stop him from trying to go in and save his stuff.
It was terrifying. Things were exploding.

Heck yeah! It's just Tuesday night! Yall got it! I told you, dummy. lol

Working like a pit crew!

This will ultimately be a great experience for Jason to weave into the fabric of his life!

The lessons of perseverance and positive attitude to overcome life’s road bumps will stay with him always. There is nothing that can’t be done (or redone) when you put your mind and energy to it.

:thumbsup:

I had a snap ring pop out on a 727. It would go from 1st to locked and as soon as i would back off it would go back to first.
Snap ring and a new servo And it was good. Had 1st and reverse only.

Number one, you both came out unharmed.

Not near the same story but relevant.
Hat a crazy thunderstorm,heard the loudest bang in my life.
All freaked out, checking house for damage, the wife noticed smoke. I see neighbour’s garage on fire. 82 gmc camper van-mint
2014 harley all loaded up.
95 chevy 1/2 ton that never saw snow.
Bombadier 800 atv with less than 200 miles. All his stuff was spotless. View attachment 1715328604Be thankful you can bring it back. Hes still bothered by it to this day. I had to stop him from trying to go in and save his stuff.
It was terrifying. Things were exploding.

I guess it’s still possible.

That’s the only downside to this thrash. After it’s all done, and I test drive it……we could still be dead in the water if the trans is broken. But we won’t know till it’s back together and I run it through all 3 gears.

That’s the risk we’re taking I guess

Reading this broke my heart too. Hit's real close to home. Glad to see you're all okay and jumping right back up on that horse. Looking good!

Working like a pit crew!

This will ultimately be a great experience for Jason to weave into the fabric of his life!

The lessons of perseverance and positive attitude to overcome life’s road bumps will stay with him always. There is nothing that can’t be done (or redone) when you put your mind and energy to it.

:thumbsup:

I couldn't have said it better myself!

I guess it’s still possible.

That’s the only downside to this thrash. After it’s all done, and I test drive it……we could still be dead in the water if the trans is broken. But we won’t know till it’s back together and I run it through all 3 gears.

That’s the risk we’re taking I guess

Just be easy on it and if it doesn't lock down again, stress to Jason how imperative it is he's easy on it too. Get it to the prom and home and then yall can yank it out and give it the once over if you feel like you need to.

Just be easy on it and if it doesn't lock down again, stress to Jason how imperative it is he's easy on it too. Get it to the prom and home and then yall can yank it out and give it the once over if you feel like you need to.

Yes sir. That’s the plan.

Me and mom will be following him in the Camaro. We’re chaperones for prom.

I’m going to spike the punch and dance badly. Lol

Yes sir. That’s the plan.

Me and mom will be following him in the Camaro. We’re chaperones for prom.

I’m going to spike the punch and dance badly. Lol

Pics man, pics. lol

If you pulled it down into 1st from winding it out in second (thinking it was your reverse pattern) , could it have acted like it froze? Ie just lost traction and had the rear swing out on you? WTH is the draw to a reverse pattern shifter anyway? You pull it down into 3rd and you have no where to go in trouble but back through the pattern to find N? What if something bad happens like a stuck throttle? Ratchet: drop it down into L and hit that thing like your shifting into 3rd in a 4sp, it'll only go 1 detent then lock until you hit it again. Then there is a physical action to get it into R like a pull up or a lift up.

If you pulled it down into 1st from winding it out in second (thinking it was your reverse pattern) , could it have acted like it froze? Ie just lost traction and had the rear swing out on you? WTH is the draw to a reverse pattern shifter anyway? You pull it down into 3rd and you have no where to go in trouble but back through the pattern to find N? What if something bad happens like a stuck throttle? Ratchet: drop it down into L and hit that thing like your shifting into 3rd in a 4sp, it'll only go 1 detent then lock until you hit it again. Then there is a physical action to get it into R like a pull up or a lift up.

That’s kinda what we’re thinking happened. But we won’t know for sure till the 11th hour. Lol.

When my throttle stuck in my car I shut off the key. Lol.

Ill live vicariously through your prom pics; my boy got burned by a girl and has no plan on going.....That's Ok, my car isn't ready for him anyway.....

That’s kinda the plan if his car isn’t done. He will be taking mine……but let’s not talk like that. Lol

Pull the trans, open the rearend. Fix what's broke.

Easy.

My heartfelt apologies on this mishap.

If I lived near you I'd let him drive my race car to prom.

Me and my pops build cars together and it's a great thing. As bad as it seems now, you're both still alive and will rebuild the car and many more.

Edit. This makes me mis my grandpa. He could fix anything.

Last edited:
Pull the trans, open the rearend. Fix what's broke.

Easy.

My heartfelt apologies on this mishap.

If I lived near you I'd let him drive my race car to prom.

Me and my pops build cars together and it's a great thing. As bad as it seems now, you're both still alive and will rebuild the car and many more.

Edit. This makes me mis my grandpa. He could fix anything.

If for some reason this doesn’t happen. He will be driving one of my cars. Lol.

But let’s not talk like that. Lol

1E1BA237-4D3D-4993-885A-6E9506BACC96.jpeg
C2DF6263-A6FA-49E1-BD14-D496A422B5AA.jpeg
762BEEFE-3444-4051-951D-BD98198838C0.jpeg

I never went to prom but I know how important it is as a kid.

Those are some nice looking cars.

Your boy will be stoked no matter what.

I vote he drives the blue car. That one looks fun!

Well done sir.

does this car have a name yet?

because as quickly as you guys are rebuilding her, i vote for "Christine"

The good people on here will find you your parts. Wish you guys well, and this will be a learning experience for your son, too. When you see a well adjusted 25 year old in society, they usually had a burden to overcome in life that only made them more resilient and stronger.

I wish crashing an old car was this biggest burden I had to over come. No offense to the OP.

I wish crashing an old car was this biggest burden I had to over come. No offense to the OP.

old cars are one thing

a freshly rebuild car that 3 generations spend 4 years to get ready and is on her maiden voyage...thats another

old cars are one thing

a freshly rebuild car that 3 generations spend 4 years to get ready and is on her maiden voyage...thats another

I’ve had my car since I was 15 years old. I’ve been through A Lot with that car. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be upset if I damaged it or even totaled it. That car doesn’t have the same value as a human life though.

I’ve had my car since I was 15 years old. I’ve been through A Lot with that car. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be upset if I damaged it or even totaled it. That car doesn’t have the same value as a human life though.
Had Prorac1 and his son rolled the car - and it could happen with locked wheels, well we are just grateful it was no worse than it was. You are right doog, Jasons body is more important than the car!

We didn’t get as much done as we were hoping, but we did alright today. Long day for sure.

The gravel pan really fought us, pretty much all day. Luckily Jason showed up with a fresh set of eyes and finished straightening it out. He’s really showing a talent for metal working……must have skipped a generation. Lol.

Him and grandpa got the gravel pan ironed out while I worked on the fender.

I stripped the old paint and primer off of it and luckily there were no hidden surprises. One of the cleanest straightest fenders I’ve ever worked on.

We got the v200 trim holes welded up, ground down and a light slick of mud over them.

We also got the metal work on the gravel pan finished and the first slick of filler applied tonight as well.

I got the majority of the mud dirt and sod out from under the front end and wiped everything down, and removed the trans pressure gauge we were using during “mr toads wild ride”. Lol.

I pulled the lower valance trim piece off my blue valiant and we used that as a guide while straightening the gravel pan. I’m pretty sure we will be pulling the bumper from my blue car and using that as well.

I’ll find other pieces to use on my car next year. These are going for a good cause.

Jason also took the time after school to straighten the grill back out. I think it’s better than it was before.

Then after leaving grandpas house around 8:00 pm we headed up to a buddy’s fabrication shop in Grand Rapids and got the holes in the bottom of the radiator tig welded shut. It turned out great.

Just another 18 hour day. Lol.

Boy oh boy I sure know how to screw up a vacation don’t I!

So……we were hoping to have the first coat of primer on today, but that didn’t happen……so we’re a little behind……but we’re not out of the running yet!

Here’s the plan for tomorrow.

Straighten mount tabs on radiator

Install radiator

Attach hoses, trans cooler, fill with coolant

Block down filler on fender and front pan

Sand down rest of front pan

Spray a couple coats of primer

Block sand primer, refill where needed

Reprime where needed

Shoot base and clear coats.

The new front tire should be in tomorrow afternoon as well. Might need mom to run into town and get that mounted and balanced for us. We’re spread a little thin tomorrow. Lol.

Yeah……like I said……it’s a long shot. But if we don’t pull it off, we’re going down swinging!!!!!!!!

At the very least, we have another long day ahead of us!!!!!!

Wish us luck.

The three amigos. Lol

667BBAA9-5570-4659-A982-0A7D04A5B88F.jpeg
0840C0BC-0F13-4559-8837-07947823460D.jpeg
31EC44E5-D2BF-49EE-B2FE-682AE7B9F28B.jpeg
12E1B73F-8D2E-4BBD-9AC9-68C142116911.jpeg
59004B19-D5E5-412D-87AB-045D598E44AB.jpeg
42EC37A4-C1B5-427F-AA03-13AB3B418A3B.jpeg

-
Back