Broken water main

-

d55dave

Reaction score
Today was supposed to be a laid back day for me.....I am working on a ford 8.8 to go into my 55 Dodge with a 440 / 727. I have new clutches for the track lock, long studs to install and was going to rebuild the disc brakes. It was going to be a fun garage day for me, tunes on, a few beers etc.

Then sitting there having a coffee with my wife this morning my phone rang. It was our tennant from our rental house, there is a big wet soft spot in the yard right over the water main. Yep, I spent my day shutting off water, digging up the yard, up to my knees in muck. Tomorrow I have to go rent a concrets saw so I can cut the driveway. The leak seems to be right under it. It is amazing how a water leak can show up far away from the actual leak. I need to fix it asap as it will freeze in the next few weeks and I can't afford a plumber. Meanwhile I have jury rigged a hose from my house next door to one of their outside taps to keep water flowing in the rental.

So much for my garags day, the whole weekend is done. Freaking houses......

Oh yeah.....it also started to rain and I broke my shovel. Fk.

I guess I shouldn't complain, I am healthy, have a good job, awesome wife, great kids and am fortunate enough to own homes.

Yeah, lots of folks do not have those type resources, but I can understand your frustration.

Sorry to read. Usually the municipality city town etc is responsible from the curb stop (shut off) outwards towards the water main.
Home owner is responsible from curb stop in towards house.
I work in water..I feel your pain. Good luck!

Sorry to read. Usually the municipality city town etc is responsible from the curb stop (shut off) outwards towards the water main.
Home owner is responsible from curb stop in towards house.
I work in water..I feel your pain. Good luck!

4speedragtop is right on . there are ways to get the line under the driveway w/o breaking up or cutting the concrete. do some research before u cut it .------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ha, too late old post !------outa here .

Whether its a iron pipe that rotted away after 50+ years or it froze and split, regardless why, I would replace it with plastic and plant it deeper too. I don't like recurring problems.

-
Back