Bruce Crower 6 stroke engine

-
Just read the first part.....very interesting. The guy is sharp for sure. I'll come back and read the rest tomorrow when I'm awake. Thanks for the link. tmm

Sorry, Arlie. Not sure I'm on board with this. Do we REALLY want millions of engines injecting water vapor into the air, roughly double the amount that the burning fuel causes already?

But who knows, it's barely an idea at this stage

I can remember the "first" gas crunch of the early 70's, I was stationed at NAS Miramar N of San Diego. Crower actually marketed a kit to convert a V8 to a 4 banger for better fuel mileage. I could not visualize driving a 220 cid 440, LOL. That is about the time I swapped the 340 into the old 70 RR body. That was a lot of fun. You could tie one on with a 383 RR and it didn't matter if you beat him or not. The look on his face when you raised the hood with the 440-6 flags and there was that little bitty SB in there was priceless, LOL

This is right after "it went in," before the cast VC and headers went on. I was broke for awhile after the swap

Attachments

• _MG_6209cs.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 653
Del, sure sounds like you had a lot of fun during the heyday of American muscle cars.

I figured that if there's less fuel burned it should be a good thing but I don't really know what the implications of water vapor are. More rain maybe? :)

The thing is, it's still internal combustion.

Love Mr Crower's work,I favor his product(personal experience..) You want smart,only one guy to check out:Smokey Yunick...Check this out, 30 years ago....
www.hotrod.com › ... › Hot Rod Engines

Good luck. You'll get the NDH (Not designed here) from every engineer at every major engine design company and OEM automobile MFG if they don't try and steal the technology.

Got a better one for ya. I've been an investor in this company since I heard about them in college. So far I've had 50% return. I'm just waiting for a major manufacturer to take on this concept and turn it into mass production. Check it out:

http://www.coatesengine.com/

-
Back