BS friends

-

AHamilton

Reaction score
Don't mean to ***** BUT, My friend of 20 some years is an Ahole. Has always been but every once and a while is too much to bear. We were talking tonight about the Charlottle Auto Fair next month, new slant 6 adaptor to chevy ODauto to slant 6 and then how I neglect my cars...his words. EXCUSE ME?! I own a 87 Ramcharger, 61 Cadillac 2Dr HT, and a 63 Valiant Convt. The Valiant was my daily driver until the rearend went out. Then the ramcharger became my daily driver again, the tranny gave way after 35K on a rebuild from HIS buddy. My Caddy tranny decided not to shift out of first as well. All within a month. The company I work for has allowed me to drive a company car for the past 4 months because of my car delema. Granted it is BS my truck is not done after 6 months, it should be under warranty and I decided to swap to OD 727 version....but 6 months?
He owns 61 Olds, 61 Impala, 48 Willys, 2 Toyota Previas, Mid 80s Cordoba, 57 Vette, & mid 80s Mazda truck. Half might be driveable. I know he bought the Cordoba over a year ago and pulled the tranny to be rebuilt and it is still sitting....that is the last car he touched. I have purchsed all parts to rebuild an 8 3/4 w/sure grip and a 833OD, his recommendation, and placed 1K aside for the tranny in the truck, worst case.
It pisses me off that my friend told me I neglect my cars when he hasn't touched a car in over a year or at least PAID for work. Just wanna punch him in the nose.

Guess he's from the do as i say, not as i do camp............I get the frustration on your part.

Seems funny how you two have been friends for 20 years if he is such an ahole. LOL

Yep had "friends" like that as well.I might have the automotive version of OCD/ADHD(lots of projects) But I at least keep em around long enough to get something done on them.Case in point my 72' duster, going on 7 years.But Iam putting all my new stuff on atm, and he has gone thru 6 projects he just gave up on in that time.The latest one is a clean 72 d200 with a 400bbm.After throwing $3k at it, he wants out and bought a new Tundra 0.o

sounds like he is going to always be your friend........the best of friends do pi$$ eachother off from time to time but if you take it too personal you might not have any friends.........i have one friend that i consider my best friend in the whole world and we have fought berfore but so what.......she has called me stupid before and she has told me horrible things ....and unfortunately i have done the same ........we have puched eachother where only someone who knows your secrets could ........but in the end of the day ...we always come back to eachother ......when my sister died she was the first person there for me .....when she got married i was the first one to know and had the most involvement with it...........its up to you how butt hurt you want to get over a stupid comment.....only you know if he is really that good of a friend to get over it....after 20 years you should know how he is already ......but believe it ....best friends do fight......so what LOL

I usually take a bit of a break from people that aggravate me.
If they aggravate me very much I never see them again.

When you tolerate someone rather than enjoy them, they are not a friend.
They are a burden.

Seeing your SC address, this started off sounding like "you might be a redneck if you have 5 cars and none ...", except I am originally a Cracker and have 7 cars and only 4 run (have plans). I criticize no man on his garage, home, or wife, though his dog and kids are fair game.

Lol i think we all have at least one part time friend like that

X2

My buddy gives me a hard time about my Dart all the time because it makes him feel better about the THREE project cars that he has sitting around. He'd rather drink beer and talk about what is gonna do "one of these days". When he sees me actually working on my car, he gets jealous.

I just disowned my best friend of 13yrs not long ago. I caught him in a bold face lie. I have no use for liars and thieves. He used to be my co worker but the boss let him go. To much tools and supplies was coming up missing. The boss couldn't prove it however because he couldn't catch him in the act. It was like this all the employees are my bosses sons or daughters. So that left me and my ex friend. I know it wasn't me. lol

Your friend sounds like the one I had. He has a yard full of boats and cars that seem to never get finished.

I think the problem is that he owns a 'vette. 'Corvette Guy' can be a real ***.

Seeing your SC address, this started off sounding like "you might be a redneck if you have 5 cars and none ...", except I am originally a Cracker and have 7 cars and only 4 run (have plans). I criticize no man on his garage, home, or wife, though his dog and kids are fair game.

Hey i,m a cracker too.

-
Back