Bucket seat conversion done wrong

-

kris hines

Reaction score
So I decided to replace the carpet in the car, looks like the PO was fine with washer reinforcement..... glad I found this now.

20170325_180422_001_zps3g3sdhrg.jpg

Anyone know a good place to get the floor pan needed to fix this?

Thanks!

I have a seat anchor hole like that. A wire welder should fix it.

It's a 68 barracuda.....maybe he was slightly overweight....lol

Rest of the floop looks good so if I can fix it without replacing the pan that would work!

If this is an early A Body I have a set of the correct plates for Buckets but if you have the skills you can fab them....

JW

I have an original set that will work if interested sell cheap for you Steve

Just fiberglass the area in. It'll work Great.
NO, just kidding. I replaced several floor pans where a previous owner did that. What a mess to get out. If you can weld, this should be an easy fix for you.

Just fiberglass the area in. It'll work Great.
NO, just kidding. I replaced several floor pans where a previous owner did that. What a mess to get out. If you can weld, this should be an easy fix for you.
mig weld, grind a little , make ur own plates. you can even make a driveshaft loop and run two of the bolts thru it on a 67-8-9 barracuda, and it will all be in the right location.

thanks for all the replies guys, i dont weld, but i have a friend that does, so hes going to fix it up for me, in exchange for a few beer's ;)

thanks for all the replies guys, i dont weld, but i have a friend that does, so hes going to fix it up for me, in exchange for a few beer's ;)

That should be a fairly simple fix, IMO.

I would suggest making sure the bottom side is free of any undercoating and all of the stuff it can collect over the years before any welding is done.

Great idea on getting rid of the undercoating. Kris, instead of having your friend do the welding for you, have him show you how to weld. Using a MIG welder is not difficult, and it is a skill you will use more than you can imagine.

-
Back