Bucket seat help

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I need some assistance regarding my buckets. I have a great set in awsome shape. I have no idea what year and they dont seem to be the ones that tilt ahead. I have enclosed pics. Theres a metal tag on the underside...#4358481 under that # is 63729. Hope these #s and my pics can help you help me.BTW the lever is in the front lower aspect of the seat. ?????????as for tracks it has something there but what else am i missing?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 003.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 004.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 251
72 up somthing I think 71 was the last year for the hard back seats no?

I'm no expert and dealing with my own seat issue but looking at your pictures and then at my "CLASSCIC INDUSTRIES" catalog they look to be the same as the 70 Challenger and 70 Barracuda. Look's like the brackets may bolt to the bottom of the seats there to me.

These seats are out of a 4dr car because they dont tilt.

Thats what I was thinking...would a 4dr come with buckets and console?? Or buckets and column shift?? Anything is possible I guess. Ed, looks like you got the tracks, you just need the mounts that go from track to floor.

:-k

hmmmmm... I have officially come to the realization that I must be getting old... If I remember correctly the early 4 door cars had a small little box around the shifter, can't call it a console. Later they added a dash extension but by then the seats changed into those poofy velvety things. I am pretty darn sure these are 4dr omni seats...

Yup, Van seats. I have an '89 B250 seat with that same exact stitching. Someone probably took the pedastal off and mounted that slide bracket.

Well don't I look silly... the van thing makes total sense looking at the rails. If you really want to use these there are aftermarket seat rails available from a company called Scat. Would probably require custom fabrication and really not sure how much they would be though.

-
Back