Bucket seat ideas

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart 2door. Im almost at the point of getting buckets. Im 6foot 6 and a bit of a bad back. I need high buckets with some support lower back. Anyone here put in non mopar buckets or different mopar buckets in there Abody?Just trying to get some ideas. Not looking for anything fancy, just stock are way to low and the older seats dont seem to be all that supportive. Hope im not alone here on this. Thanks for any help

Not installed yet, but I found some out of a dodge stratus that has a power drivers bucket. Haven't looked at adapting them into my 65 yet. It might take a bit of fab work to fit em in.

I am 6'4" and use Japanese hi dollar 4 door front and back seat in leather, they fit right in and almost a perfect fit. for the rear seat I eventually removed some of the siding on the rear to make them fit perfectly w/o wrinkles
:)

Salvage yards have many to choose from and in colors. I used aluminum stock for the brackets..

I am 6'4" and use Japanese hi dollar 4 door front and back seat in leather, they fit right in and almost a perfect fit. for the rear seat I eventually removed some of the siding on the rear to make them fit perfectly w/o wrinkles
:)

Salvage yards have many to choose from and in colors. I used aluminum stock for the brackets..
Holy crap batman. looks great thanks:burnout:

These are orginally out of a BMW 325i and they are very high backed and have lumbar supports.
I am 6' 2" so I put them in a bit lower than the originals, plus they adjust about 6 different ways. (forward, back, tilt, thigh support, lumbar, and they move forward when you tilt the back to let someone in the back seat, so they have way more room to get in than the stock seats)

They are Ricaro Sport, and I had to make mounting brackets.
Also, they are made for a flat floor pan, so all the sliding equipment stayed intact.
The original seat belts work well with them.

I contacted the recovering place and they did them in two tone at no extra charge.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 481
  • 2a.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 475
Not the best pic,

But these are from a 2005 Scion TC

Very supportive and comfy, way better than the original bench. And best part, $200 bucks off craigslist

They tilt forward, and then slide forward, making for very easy access into the back seat.

Attachments

• In-Car3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 406
I installed two leather power bucket seats from a 97 Pontiac Bonneville in my 66 valiant. The seats are super supportive and comfy. At the local junk yard I paid $60 for the pair. Not too bad to install since the Bonneville had a flat floorpan. Also installed the shoulder belts from the Bonneville, since the buckle is made into the seat.

I found these pics of a Pontiac Bonneville interior in a Dart.
Guy said it all fit well.

Attachments

• 3Fb3Ld3Ja5Ie5Nb5K8cam77c3053bfa4115cd.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 407
  • 3M33J13H55L85E45J7cam48b4dc1c28c212c0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 405
Cadillac CTS. Rear seat shortened. Details are in my build thread.

Attachments

• ft & rear seats.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 409
  • driver seat.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 404
I have a 67 Dart 2door. Im almost at the point of getting buckets. Im 6foot 6 and a bit of a bad back. I need high buckets with some support lower back. Anyone here put in non mopar buckets or different mopar buckets in there Abody?Just trying to get some ideas. Not looking for anything fancy, just stock are way to low and the older seats dont seem to be all that supportive. Hope im not alone here on this. Thanks for any help

I have a set of dodge daytona shelby z buckets complete with electric adjustable seat wings, and pump up thigh and lumbar cushions. Im trying to decide if i want to go with these and get them and the stock rear seat redone so they all look the same, or get a set of factory 67 buckets and redo em.

Dude, you can't go wrong with summit high back racing seats.
For $300 they look great, comfy, adjustable seat back and have track sliders.

Good neck protection if you get rear ended and higher than most buckets can go.

You being 6'6" , your options are very limited.

I suggest you go to summit if you can and sit in one of their display seats to see if they will work out for you.

I love mine but you got a few inches on me.

201.jpg

I'm building a rat Dart right now and I used Neon buckets wanting to keep it all Mopar. Pic-a-part is your friend at a cost of $40 each. If I do it again I'd do more extensive search and look for seats that the brackets bolt flat to the floor.BMW and highline KIA (power)look to be a better fit after finding the Neon seat. One thing on used seats is check the tracks for movement. I got a bad one:eek:ops:This for those that want to go the low buck route.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 333

I suggest you go to summit if you can and sit in one of their display seats to see if they will work out for you.

201.jpg

I am pretty sure these are the seats I will end up with, Love the look.

201.jpg

Very clean look for your interior, I like it and would like to see more of your dash..

201.jpg

I've been seriously looking those. My question is (in my best Roy D Mercer voice) how big a boy are ya? I'm 6'-2", 250, and have been wondering if I would actually fit the seat. I've got to do something before next season, my back hurts after a day of racing. Probably because I have to lean the seat back and slouch so my helmet won't hit the roof. Hopefully I can get something like that to sit a little closer to the floor.

Also, how long have you had them and would you consider a budget seat like that durable?

201.jpg

IMO they don`t look right in a classic car, too much new/ricer look and just don`t fit the lines of a musclecar.

I think it looks great. It goes with the theme look at the dash and such

I have a set out of a sebring convertible in mine. Seat belts are integrated into seats so they move with you.
Functionally, they're great. I'm just not a fan of the looks. I'm going another direction as far as my build goes.

I have a set out of a sebring convertible in mine. Seat belts are integrated into seats so they move with you.
Functionally, they're great. I'm just not a fan of the looks. I'm going another direction as far as my build goes.

What direction on your build,also happen to have pictures of the seats.

Im getting lots of help and options here, THANKS. As soon as I get my gas tank dilemma done this is next. I know of a wrecking yard north of here who is ridiculous in prices, :cheers:If you pull it its cheap

For real comfort how about 300m 6 way power buckets.

Attachments

• 100_0564.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_0557.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 220
-
Back