Bucket seat shipping

-

82CRUISER

Reaction score
What would it cost to ship a set of bucket seats off a 72 duster? They are high backs and I assume can be disassembled. What is the best way?

I don't take them apart at the hinges. I do take the tracks off and zip tie them inside the seat bottom. What I ship is 2 'L' shaped boxes covered in shrink wrap. Average cost is 70 each.

Box them and take down the demensions and approximate weight and call Greyhound. They are the cheapest on bulky items.

Any idea of how much maximun weight Greyhound will ship in a single package?

Greyhound has shipped a early 70's b body door for me, an ENTIRE trunkplan of an Aspen/Volare with boxes wrapped up in with it. I have heard of cylinder heads boxed up and shipped that way, but not blocks...

Just about anything an abled body person can throw around.

Greyhound has shipped a early 70's b body door for me, an ENTIRE trunkplan of an Aspen/Volare with boxes wrapped up in with it. I have heard of cylinder heads boxed up and shipped that way, but not blocks...

Just about anything an abled body person can throw around.

Thank You!

Any idea of how much maximun weight Greyhound will ship in a single package?

I have had doors and bumpers shipped by Greyhound Bus. On the door, UPS would not ship it because of weight. Greyhound shipped it from New Mexico to the east coast in 3 days. Seats should not be a problem, and should be about half what the regular carriers charge, if UPS and Fed Ex will ship them. I've also seen corner cupboards and dressers at the bus station before.

I was more wondering if they would ship an engine but, I see in a previous post they do not do that!

An engine would be awfully hard for the baggage handler to load in the cargo hold. That's more for a truck with a lift gate. I drove ten hours to pick mine up.

Shipping an engine, might want to look into FEDEX Freight, know someone who had an engine shipped cross country for a touch over $250 if I remember correctly

most EVERY shipper has a rate calculator to estimate shipping cost. You might want to try them. :)

-
Back