bucket seats in a bench seat car.

-

dustdevil

Reaction score
hi guys yet another question i have to ask. lol my 73 duster came with a bench, now will bucket seats from a duster fit? i wasnt sure if there was a difference with the floor mount.

yeah mine came with a riser for bench. wasnt sure if the bucket seat that i pull from another 73 was supposed to be mounted on the riser...im guessing not since there are no holes that line up for the bucket seat frame rails. thanxs guys for the help!:)

Should. There are dimples in the floor where the bucket seat holes are supposed to be drilled. You should reinforce the inboard holes like the factory did.

Check out my page on this here: http://www.70duster440.com/interior.html

I thought the plates were supposed to be welded to the inside of the car. It looks like yours are underneath.

Yeah the factory reinforce plates (4) were welded to the inside of the floor neastest center hump, and there should be body plugs in the bench seat holes.

I believe that the reinforcement plates were welded to the underside of the car. That way the bolt heads would not get pulled through the floor board.

I believe that the reinforcement plates were welded to the underside of the car. That way the bolt heads would not get pulled through the floor board.
You'll need to look closely but they can be seen without me going after a better pic.
templetefulllength.jpg

The nuts are comming though the floor unless its parked upside down .

both sides of the floor have brackets
if you look underneath a couple of the holes come thu a reinforcemnt rib
the carrage bolts go to spacers under the seta runners
and held to underfloor held on by special nuts (year one has them)
mike

It appears we have varying opinions. Maybe it changed from year to year or model to model. In any case, the inboard holes need to be properly reinforced. :)

I put buckets in my bench seat duster.
Drilled out the dimples, and they went right in.

I put buckets in my bench seat duster.
Drilled out the dimples, and they went right in.

And if you're ever involved in a serious accident, they'll pull right out. Get the proper reinforcing plates or make your own.

So the giant square washers I used won't work? :shrug:
What gauge steel do you suggest?

So the giant square washers I used won't work? :shrug:
What gauge steel do you suggest?
Whatever works for you works for me. Heres how the factory did it
floorplatesunderbuckets.jpg

I've been into seats restoring and found the frame cracked allowing the outer corner to sag down. In that case the crack is welded and the seats are switched left and right. First corner set on is renewed.
The foot print of the seat track could cave the floor pan but on the inboard side of the seat that is very unlikely. The plate does double the size of the footprint and floor thickness.

I know on the 67-69 Darts the reinforcement plates are welded on the top. Later ones might have changed.

-
Back