Bucket seats, what are you using?

-
I used a pair of inexpensive racing seats in mine
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo462.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 783
I'm using scat pro car seats . They were a good price ,pretty light , decently comfortable . Look good , at least to me .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 741
Its not my car but I did read the article he wrote
and he said everything fit with very little work and
looked better than it does in the pics.
If memory serves, he said it was out of a 1999.

I was searching for an alternative donor because
of the price of a new interior when I found this.

Cadillac CTS front & rear. I wanted comfort and built in seatbelts. I welded in heavy duty supports into the floor pans because of the integrated seat belts. The rear seat back was shortened. The lower part fit nicely with no modification. They don't fold but the forward travel is plenty to allow entry/exit. I also have a center console from a CTS that has not yet been fit. Details are in my build thread.

Attachments

• ft & rear seats.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 705
  • 2012-09-09 09.52.48.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 726
Cadillac CTS front & rear. I wanted comfort and built in seatbelts. I welded in heavy duty supports into the floor pans because of the integrated seat belts. The rear seat back was shortened. The lower part fit nicely with no modification. They don't fold but the forward travel is plenty to allow entry/exit. I also have a center console from a CTS that has not yet been fit. Details are in my build thread.

Very cool!!!! I like the looks of it!

anyone use Audi TT seats? They seam to be folding and manual? I too am a big guy, I'd love to put GEN Viper seats in my Demon, but with out "but" testing them first to make sure my wide end (pant size 40) would fit in them I'm leery of going with them… Anyone try either of these?

Its not my car but I did read the article he wrote
and he said everything fit with very little work and
looked better than it does in the pics.
If memory serves, he said it was out of a 1999.

I was searching for an alternative donor because
of the price of a new interior when I found this.

Do you still have this article or a link for it.?

This would be a great option for my 69.

Bruce

I stole the seats out of my Dads '68 Dart for a little while. He wasn't looking and I needed to get around until I found a set of '75-'76 A body seats at the Indy swap meet.

I have had them for years and am getting ready to recover them in black to match the rest of my interior. I did have to modify one of the passenger side seat tracks to fit the earlier floor boards that didn't have the converter bump in it. Quick and easy fab work though.

Attachments

• IMG_20141116_210227_016.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 563
I'm sorry, I saved the pictures but have lost
the link to his page.

Rats..

I did some research and it looks like you were right on the 99 brand prix..now I just have to find them in black..

:)

Thanks,
Bruce

Any suggestions for a very light, LOW BACK bucket that might be found at the local Pull-A-Part? Can't find any reasonable A100's right now, so something similar will do the trick.

I got a set off CL from a Dodge Dakota $50. They're just sitting there need to fabricate mounts.

Attachments

• seat3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 384
So, my stock bucket seats were nice; however, since I'll be over doubling the horsepower in the Dart, driving it to events, autocrossing it, and road coursing it I decided to have the shop my Dart's at pull the stock interior out and install a cage with new bucket seats. My problem is that I'm a wide guy (5'7" with a 40/42 pant size and thighs the size of tree trunks). I did quite a bit of research and I'll be putting wide Corbeau LG1's in my car. That way I can have a wide seat that will grip me good and have a 5-point belt.

Attachments

• IMAG0663.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2953-2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 318
80s 90s Dodge vans have highback seats in them that look like the originals and there real cheap and easy to find but they are not adjustable they are fixed still a very cheap option

Here

Attachments

• WIN_20150228_133652.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 386
-
Back