bucket seats?

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
does anyone know what kind of bucket seat out of a new car would fit into a 73 dart that came with bench seats? cause finding a pair of seats with the tracks is looking a bit hard to do around here. thanks craig jr

If you're willing to fabricate stands or spaces you can put just about any seats in one. Keep the tracks flat and paralell so they dont bind.
I've seen 6 way power buckets installed. Huge seats from a C-body , etc.. will hit doors and / or console. Lebarron / Sebring will work.

Aspen and Diplamat I think and AMC's have some to choose from
They have some seats that would give you high back buckets or witch way are you going low back or short, ether way just do
Like RedFish said :thumbrig:find what you want and fabricate.

well i need something that is adjustable,and folding cause if i drive to school with it i will for shure be taking people home in it.:toothy10: but for a price 8)

Shipping would be a bit pricy but i have some shelby charger seats...light blue and grey....and a pair of black and grey...says c/s on the head rests...100.00 a pair plus shipping from 13801....PM me if you want them or need pics

Set belts and make sure to Bolt the sets in good first thing.

I've got a set of black high back seats that I took out of a 76 Duster. They aren't Mopar seats, GM maybe, but with a few holes drilled in the floor and some plates under the floor for strength, you should be good. I'd like to get $100 for the pair and I can meet you part way.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

DSCN0315.jpg

well i was just seeing if there were any new model seats that were out there that would fit in. the thing is we have a long way til i need an interior for the car if you look in the suspension section under the need help thread you can see what state the car is in now. i think i have a pic of the seats that came with the car on my computer i will post. i like the look of physixx's seats cause i want to go with dodge go-green with a black vinyl top like a 73 swinger would have.with the black stripe around the back of the trunk. but ill keep all of your offers mind.

thanks craig jr

craigs  dart 012.JPG

I'm putting Chrysler Cirrius seats in my '70 Duster...Driver side power even, and Manual Neon seats in my '68 Dart. I'll have to fabricate front brackets, but that is nothing compaired to trying to find A body buckets in good shape. I got them from the local pull-a-part for $80...for all 4 :D

Cirrus Seats.jpg

Neon Seats.jpg

yea cause to get all abody seats would be crazy priced and all i have to do is go up to the local u pull it and take seats that will work.

Get those seats that he just offered you for $100.00. If he'll meet you half way, where are you going to get a better deal than that????????? He's basically giving them to you.

id love to but i have to get the body and metal work done first cause thats going to take a big chunk of my money that i have set aside. like i said before i was looking for new seats like the neon and cirrus that would fit with some modifications on the tracks.

thank you craig jr

Oh, I didn't realize your looking for something like that. If I were you I would try JC whitney.com. They have seats just like what your talking about that will fit in your car. Cheap too.

no problem i just have to watch what i spend on the car right now cause its at the time where if im gonna do it right and spray the engine bay the same as the car it has to be done now and i have about 700 set aside right now for the car in general but mostly going to be used to spray the car. cause if the car sits out much longer the apoxy primer will get worse then it will have to be redone which should be done now if the money is there and still enought to get the paint done. i want to go with something like go-green or a green of that shade and i know that it will not be cheap in any means.and if i can get seats out of a neon or something like that with power and stuff for cheap i think i will do that cause i have a welder and can fab up something for the tracks.

thanks craig jr

Buckets from early 2000-2003 Chev Cavalier 2 dr have a seat belt retainer, recline and tilt forward.. I have 2 of those in the front, and 2 buckets from a 4 door Cavalier, recline, no tilt forward or seat belt retainer for the rear.. Comfortable seat, high back bucket , cheap and easily found at the wrecker.. I paid 30 dollars each. Minimal modifications to install(made a new bracket to mount the front ones on.)

-
Back