Bucket Seats??

-

cdawglean

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a place to purchase bucket seats for a 1970 Dodge Dart. How easy is it to install in place of a front bench seat?

It depends. Do you want seats particular to that year and model? You will have to search the net, junk yards, parts wanted section below, etc. You can install seats from other years with the same search as above. You could go aftermarket from many sources. Depends on what you want.

I would check with Summit racing...they have some nice Scat seats and can get tract adapters for just about anything on 4 wheels...good luck:-D

You got to tell us what type of seat your looking for.
Original 1970 buckets,71-72 buckets,73-on buckets ?
Aftermarket buckets ?
What exactely are you looking for ?

Your best bet is go somewhere and buy seats from another car about the same year and have them recovered. As for installation the closer to your car and year the easier the install. I picked up a set of A body high backs for 30.00 and just have to recover and drill a couple extra holes.

I think a member is selling demon bucket seats. Those will work.

Can anyone help me find a place to purchase bucket seats for a 1970 Dodge Dart. How easy is it to install in place of a front bench seat?

you want a stock or aftermarket style bucket seats?

stock are easy the floor is already dimpled for them. just drill 4 holes and amke a couple braces for the floor and your good to go. i put procar seats in my car and they bolted in like stock ones.

here is the flooe and the dimples for bucket seats. i marked them with a black dot.

seats038.jpg

Sorry for the lack of details. I'm looking for a good set of buckets that would have been in a 1970 Swinger. Currently the seats that are in are the split bucket bench seat with the armrest in the center. They are in excellent condition but I'm interested in building a center console. Any idea what it would cost to recover the buckets??

wow. they could be pricey to do a set of stock buckets. thats why i just bought new. figure i see a-body buckets and tracks are going for $200-$400 for cores. then foam covers and if you need someone to cover them for you you could put as much as $800 into them.

The guy had 71 demon seats for 250.00! Then legendary posted an add that they were haning a big sale. I think black bucket covers were 250.00 from 400.00. Keep searching this site.

70 bucket seats are one year only, so there is not many of them around, so they get big bucks for them. I just sold a set out of a 70 Duster that needed recovered and one of the tracks on the driver seat was broke for 400 bucks and that was on the low end for 70 buckets.

ok lets see if i can price this out some.

used a-body seats with tracks. $200-$400

foam $195 http://www.dantesparts.com/seatfoam.html

seat covers i say $250-$350 not sure though http://www.dantesparts.com/seatcover.html

then have someone put it all together if you can't do it.. what do you figure? $250 ?? not sure what people get for that.

heck i'm up to $945 and that was using low to middle of the road prices.

exactly why i went procar. i got a nicer more comfortable reclining seat for cheaper then i could do a set of stock seats. :)

so that puts us at what.

I've got several sets of e & b body seats if that will help.

Pm me if your interested.

Safety first! :-D Be sure and buy or fab up those bucket seat braces for the floor pans.

Safety first! :-D Be sure and buy or fab up those bucket seat braces for the floor pans.

Very wise to follow this advice or you could end up in the back seat.

I am building a 71' Duster and looking for a split bench seat w/ arm rest in the middle ( frame and padding need to be in good shape) Also looking for
2 bumpers for a 71 Duster. (Good Condition)

-
Back