Build Date from VIN?

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a question can you ascertain the build date from the last 6 numbers of the VIN?

Thanks
Stu.

Build dates on the data plates are approximate.
If you looked at a bunch of data plates for VIN's near yours you might see a pattern, again approximate.

Scheduled Build Dates are on the Data Plate, Broadcast Sheet, IBM cards, Door Tag (later cars), Body Stamping (earlier cars 68 and older)

Alan

Scheduled Build Dates are on the Data Plate, Broadcast Sheet, IBM cards, Door Tag (later cars), Body Stamping (earlier cars 68 and older)
So, when you say on the body stamping for 68 and older, is that the number on the radiator support and/or the trunk lip? I'm trying to ascertain the scheduled build date on my 65 Dart GT. Thanks, Al
Rick

Build dates on the data plates are approximate.
If you looked at a bunch of data plates for VIN's near yours you might see a pattern, again approximate.

Alan
Thanks Alan!

So, when you say on the body stamping for 68 and older, is that the number on the radiator support and/or the trunk lip? I'm trying to ascertain the scheduled build date on my 65 Dart GT. Thanks, Al
Rick
I'll have to look at my notes for 65 to see what the template was but yes those numbers.

Alan

My notes are for 66/67, may be the same for 65

10 digit number

Year (one digit)
Plant (one digit)
Month (one digit, Jan-Sep 1-9, Oct-Dec A-C)
Day (two digits)

SO Number (five digits)

Alan

-
Back