Build Date?

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Is there any way to tell what day a car was made if all the info known is that the vehicle was the 280,423 car built in 1968.

Thanks for any help you have.
Stu.

It was on the appraisal. Is that not an accurate number?
Well that number you posted is usually on the fender tag near the SPD. (Scheduled Production Date). Is that the last 6 of your vin on the title? If you don't have a fender tag that number if it's the same as your vin is probably the source from your appraisal.

Last edited:
Well that number you posted is usually on the fender tag near the SPD. (Scheduled Production Date). Is that the last 6 of your vin on the title? If you don't have a fender tag that number if it's the same as your vin is probably the source from your appraisal.
Yes it’s the last 6 on the VIN. Thanks for your help

The motor is not original to the car

The motor is not original to the car
Ok although even if it was there's no definitive way of knowing the build date. Typically 2-3 months after the motor is built the car is scheduled to be built.

Ok although even if it was there's no definitive way of knowing the build date. Typically 2-3 months after the motor is built the car is scheduled to be built.
I appreciate your help. I guess I’ll just enjoy it……

Hey everyone!
Is there any way to tell what day a car was made if all the info known is that the vehicle was the 280,423 car built in 1968.

Thanks for any help you have.
Stu.
Check the stamped number on the radiator support. The first three is assembly date.

-
Back