building a bed.

-
It would look even better if you sent it to leanna to be powder coated,Looks pretty awesome anyway.
I'm surprised Leanna hasn't JUMPED on this one ...literally !
Picture the Boost in sales with the Mistress and a couple a her babe friends in nighties jumpin up and down on the freshly powder coated King Arthur bed while havin a Pillow fight on the cover of the Phoenix Specialty Coatings 2013 calender !!!

I can Dream ......can't I ???

Attachments

• pillow fight.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 113
I have seen some $10,000 bed frames at furniture stores.

When you finish you should put it on e-bay for $30,000 and see what happens.

I looked at where you are from :glasses7: so I could put an order in on another, I have a castle Joe:glasses7:a queen to put in it :wav:

Reminds me of what my parents used to say to me.

You made your bed, now you've got to sleep in it...

I'm surprised Leanna hasn't JUMPED on this one ...literally !
Picture the Boost in sales with the Mistress and a couple a her babe friends in nighties jumpin up and down on the freshly powder coated King Arthur bed while havin a Pillow fight on the cover of the Phoenix Specialty Coatings 2013 calender !!!

I can Dream ......can't I ???

You don't mind if I borrow your dream also, do ya???

Quite the craftsman. Can you give us some details as to how its done ? Like do you purchase caps and does the decorative come in lengths you cut and whatnot.

i bought the cast iron pieces online and then framed in head/foot board around them.

My ears were burning :-D so I had to come see what all the fuss was about.

Beautiful craftsmanship!!! For an introductory thread you've certainly blown our socks off with this. It's too bad you're so far away ... I'd make you a killer deal just to have a hand in that fine piece of art.

Keep us posted on the results!

As for Crossram and Karl ...... dream indeed. Ya'll know women don't like me. LMAO

As for Crossram and Karl ...... dream indeed. Ya'll know women don't like me. LMAO

That's ok. If you won't have a pillow fight with other woman, you can have one with ME!!! Even if I loose, I win... :D :boxing: :sunny: :poke: :blackeye:

My ears were burning :-D so I had to come see what all the fuss was about.

Beautiful craftsmanship!!! For an introductory thread you've certainly blown our socks off with this. It's too bad you're so far away ... I'd make you a killer deal just to have a hand in that fine piece of art.

Keep us posted on the results!

if you dont mind i have a few question reguarding the powder coating. the frame of the bed is steel. i have washed it all down with acetone. the ornate stuff is all cast iron. i know that cast iron is a pretty pourous material. im worried that when they bake it that its going to sweat out what ever is in there and bubble the coating. would a pre bake be a good idea before sand blasting even? what is the process you would recomend?

That's ok. If you won't have a pillow fight with other woman, you can have one with ME!!! Even if I loose, I win... :D :boxing: :sunny: :poke: :blackeye:

Karl, no worries on a black eye! It's no wonder I love ya to death. :-D Always good for an ego boost and a laugh! Thank you sweets.

if you dont mind i have a few question reguarding the powder coating. the frame of the bed is steel. i have washed it all down with acetone. the ornate stuff is all cast iron. i know that cast iron is a pretty pourous material. im worried that when they bake it that its going to sweat out what ever is in there and bubble the coating. would a pre bake be a good idea before sand blasting even? what is the process you would recomend?

Reading your reply, I have a couple questions of my own first.

It looks from my reading of this that you've had the first piece in this ensemble powder coated already. I have to presume it's similar to the bed so also constructed of the same or like materials. Did you experience any outgassing -- the "sweat out" / bubbling results you mention -- in the first piece? Pay extra close attention to the areas that are welded when you look again, and run your hand over the entire surface. If you feel little sharp bumps, then in my opinion you should enlist a more experienced professional to take care of the big showpiece in the room.

The hundreds of members of this site who have worked with me (or just quietly observed over the last few years) will tell you I'm always happy to help out in any way I can. But in all honesty, what you're asking seriously treads on divulging confidential trade secrets and work product. If you want to go over this privately on the phone, that would be fine with me (I even have extended phone hours to accommodate your Washington state time zone :-D). I'd just prefer not to teach your hired gun and everyone on the board how to do the particulars of my job. I hope you can understand and appreciate that.

I will tell you this though: If you have any other pieces of the bedroom suite planned for the future, please do your guy -- and your finished results -- a biggggg favor and avoid the acetone like the plague. Since you're using a state-of-the-art vein powder, you may end up with some streaking and uneven results if the prep isn't done perfectly. Just leave it in bare steel (not even any spray galvanize!) and let him do his usual prep work.

I wish you the absolute best of luck with this piece of magnificence and look forward to addressing any questions you might have as I can.

As an aside, I'll bet you're as proud of that bad boy as I am of my first ever Cuda center console (all pot metal!!!) that I finally finished up last night. :-D Keep us posted with how it's going! I can't wait to see it all finished and ready to jump on.

-
Back