Status
Not open for further replies.

ramtastic

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
94 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT Regular Cab 5.9 magnum
I have over $17k in receipts just for Labor from the race shop that built this truck + .probably another $25k in parts
Really too much to list but i'll give the basics + anybody interested can pm with a phone # for more details.
Vortech T-trim blower with "Race m" on the tag,meaning it has the optional hd internals to run big boost and/or the cog belt system.
Complete Cog Belt sytem
Vortech Aftercooler ( Air to Water Intercooler system )
Mondo race bypass
Knock Retard system + lighted guage, never any knock on pump gas.
Shortblock Built for boost (original 360)Forged,studded,balanced,decked,etc.
Ported/Worked ,O-ringed Heads
Crower Blower Cam (Hydraulic Roller)+ valve train
Crower stainless steel roller rockers
m1 intake
Holley Throttle body
Complete fuel system upgraded pump,inj,reg,lines,rails, etc.
Complete exhaust,Headers,Dual large hi flow cats,Dual dual side exit Dynaflow chrome exhaust tips (Very nice)
MSD everything - billet ditributor,ignition box,wires,coil
Hughes Performance Street/Strip built Gm 4l80 Trans w/cooler (Built to handle BIG hp)
Electronic tranny Controller
Yank Converter,(Streetable 2500 rpm)
9.25 inch rear with 3.55 posi (1800 rpm at 65 with the overdrive trans )
Griffin Aluminum Radiator with Black Magic Fan
F.A.S.T. stand alone computer system
Preoiling system,
Alarm
Blaupunkt Stereo,JBL 400w amp + speakers,mtx behind seat speakers,
160 mph speedo,tach,boost + fuel pressure guages
Billet Specialties 17" Billet wheels + Yokohama tires
Lowererd 3" inches in rear 2" up front, NOT slammed, looks good
Chisholm shocks
Truck is a total sleeper,doesn't really look like anything special right now,but is a paint job away from being a super nice truck.It's already lowered has the wheels + tires,very nice SLT Interior,great drivetrain etc.
Has a little rust on the bottom of both doors but the bed,quarters,fenders,cab corners etc. are great.
Hood + top of front fenders,were painted white (adds to the whole sleeper theme) to prevent rust where the orig paint wore off,but truck is presentable with most of the rest of it's original 2 tone paint still in decent shape,just looks like a work in progress, in other words not an embarassment to drive.
1 added bonus to this setup is because both the motor + trans have their own
stand alone systems ,this drivetrain should able to be transplanted into other vehicles relatively easy if so desired.
Truck is turnkey,+ streetable, runs on pump gas,has full exhaust including cats,good tires,brakes etc. is not super loud or obnoxious,+doesn't draw alot of attention from the police.
I'll try to post some pics later.

$6000 or BO

Updated the ad + removed the word fast.
It seems to rub people the wrong way,i'm new to this site and still learning the ins + outs.
I will get pics up soon,I pulled some stuff off the engine to detail it but the weather has been so bad lately i havn't been back out to the garage in about a week,I do have a couple pics of various things, i will try shortly,but please be patient,I'm not real good at this stuff.
I've also been wanting to wash the truck + take it outof the garage for pics, but it's in the 20's and windy today with a couple inches of snow in the driveway so thats not going to happen either.

Dyno

7 lbs of boost = 470 hp + 533 tq
9 lbs of boost = 516 hp + 568 tq
13 lbs of boost = no dyno done

Pulleys were again changed + is now making about 13 lbs of boost on the guage but no dyno was done,judging by the power increase on the first 2 lbs of boost increased,you can figure where it is now powerwise with an extra 4lbs of boost.
Considering that the 7lb run is probably as low as a t-trim can realistically be turned down, and even be near its efficiency range, I think at 9 lbs its still at the bottom of it's power band,so the next few pounds should be getting into the it's efficiency range, which goes all the way up to 26lbs.

I'd love to see what it would do with a Water/meth kit,or race gas + 20-25 lbs of boost.
Regardless of dyno #'s , when you get in it + hit the gas it is very impressive,Street tires can't begin to hold the power,Drag radials are a must + i'm pretty sure it will overpower them some also.
One nice thing is all the power is in by 4700 rpm so both the blower + the motor are not being stressed by high rpm.

I'm not sure why it didn't upload the pics, it says upload error

I will try again a bit later.

i keep trying to post pics but it comes back saying upload failed.
I tried the attachment icon, + the box down below that says upload photo's + it brings me to the spot where i have loaded photo's on other sites but it's not letting them upload .any suggestions.

Easiest way to post pics is to host them on a site like Photobucket, then copy and paste the IMG tag here.

I may have to try that next,but i'm told downsizing the pics may help so i am going to try that 1st.

Sounds like a lot of fun for the money, I'm anxious to see pics as well.

It really is alot of fun especially because no one expects it, tho the blower whine gives it away some,I just tell people its a bad power steering pump noise.

Your pic files are probably too big to load; I've had this problem also. Try compressing them in a photo editor program to reduce the file size.

You don't even need a photo editor program. Just open them in Paint, click the button at the top that says "Resize", click the radio button marked "Pixels" and then change the top choice (Horizontal) to 800. Once you've done that, save the picture (rename it if you want to keep the original size) and then post them here. GLWS!

Why so cheap?

I'll take more if you like :D

Well i know it's cheap + you know it's cheap + i figure alot of potential buyers know it's cheap,but still no one has stepped up to buy it,for probably a few reasons,some of them being, It's winter, Distance + not just being able to come look at it real easy etc . I'm pretty sure the first serious person who looks at it,hears it + feels the power is going to take it, but most see the ad think wow-good deal + just put it out of their mind because of distance etc.The fact i havn't got pics up yet doesn't help either.
I just put it on here spur of the moment ,I'm probably going to get it washed vacuumed,cleaned,polish all the aluminum (i tried some maguires aluminum polish today on the rims, + supercharger + it works great) + then put it on the local Craigs List + it should sell quick.
I just put my land for sale on their priced it very right + sold it to the first looker.
The other thing is i hate selling things. To me it's a major pia when i decide i want something gone ,i want it gone yesterday,+ right now i could use my garage space for winter.

I wish it was summer i would do a drive around video with a smoke show or 2 + some acceleration blasts with it + put it on you tube and it would sell pretty quick that way too i'm sure.

And now to top it off i'm even going to let it go cheaper,
I'm going to let it go for Best " Reasonable " Offer. To a serious buyer who doesn't give me the run around or play games.
If anybody is seriously interested pm me with your # + i will call to answer any questions, It has a clear ma. title,is turn key ready ,could be driven home, (with 355 gears + overdrive trans it can be driven to calif. if need be),or if you arrange to have it picked up,i don't have a problem seeing it gets on a car carrier,they are probably the easiest + in the long run best way to do it especially if you are somewhat long distance,open car carriers are cheap for the convenience + what you are saving in time,gas, etc.
Another option is, The truck has a reese hitch on it,you could drive here,rent a u-haul trailer put your car on it + tow it home with the truck,a uhaul trailer for 1 day costs under $100

I got some pics loaded on photo bucket + will try to figure out how to put the link on here a bit later any tips will be helpful.

I got some pics loaded on photo bucket + will try to figure out how to put the link on here a bit later any tips will be helpful.

once you are on your photobucket page just copy the link marked "IMG thumb" and paste it here

should look like this when your done

this way, you can share as big a picture as you want, it will look small until you click on it
(I went ahead and circled the right link in one of my pics)

Pm me if you can't get them to load,
I will be home later this evening.

I will send you my email and you can send
them to me, if you like, and I can load them
for you from my machine.

OOps did something wrong will fix it later, that is the 7lbs of boost dyno sheet

Update: Click on the picture + it brings you to the photobucket site. Sorry, First timer here.

Not sure how you did it but thanks
most of the descriptions didn't show up tho
like on the interior pic i wrote that the coffee stains on the carpet are nowhere near what they look like in the pic they are not very noticable but the flash makes them look terrible. I also wrote those are the original floor mats still in it.
That also reminds me that i never metioned that the truck only has 71k original miles, the 160 mph speedo was installed at 45k miles + now has 26k on it.
A couple other footnotes to the pics were that the engine bay pic is an old one + it looks alot better now after some detailing
You can see your reflection on the top of the radiator it polished up so well,+ whenever i get a free chance lately i go out and pull stuff off + clean, paint ,replace,polish etc. Now that winter is here i have a little more free time,not much but some.Inner fenders,cowl,braided lines,hoses etc.look light years better now also.
The blower + aftercooler look like they are going to polish up pretty nice also,but they are not factory polished so they wont be chrome like but the little i did last time with a rag + aluminum polish to test it,looks good it removes any oxidization,it doesn't add any hp but its nice when you open your hood,and its looks somewhat match the performance.

This is about what it cost for JUST the transmission,between the cost of the Trans,Shipping,Core charge,converter,electronic controller,4l80e conversion kit,shortening the driveshaft,hd trans mount,trans cooler,+ installation of trans, it cost more then what i'm asking for the whole truck.Most people don't realize the cost to build a vehicle like this.
Which reminds me.
Check out( Hughes Performance ) web site to see what this trans is all about,scroll over Transmissions + click on the 4l80e at the bottom of the drop down menu
They feel the 4l80e is the best/strongest overdrive trans going + their base street/strip is rated for 850 hp with their hd rated at 1000 hp + go up from there,(not sure if mine is the base or the hd) either way it shouldn't be breaking any time soon.

I am also considering "Possibly"parting the truck out ,tho prefer to sell it whole,it would be a shame to dismantle all this work,and it all works so well together.

But the thought of this drivetrain in an A-body also kinda makes my loins quiver :D

Going by the above dyno sheets.
Compare the #'s + do the math it should now be making about 610 hp + 640 torque possibly more because the t-trim is just coming into it's best operating range so may be making more power per lb of boost then it was turned way down low.This motor in an A-body should be an easy 10 second car on pump gas,with streetable manners just as it sits,without turning up the power at all.
The 7lb run was with a 31 tooth pulley
The 9lb run was with a 30 tooth pulley + it now has a 28 tooth on it.
E-bay has 27,26 + 25 tooth pulleys for sale,+ maybe even smaller (I'd have to look again) also different lower pulleys.
Keep in mind this is a not very stressed , motor turning only 4700 rpm + a low stressed supercharger only half way into it's operating range of 26lbs of boost . So nothing is operating on the ragged edge + ready to blow at any time,it should be a long time reliable setup,it has about 20k mi on it now,has never been to the track,+ has had full synthetic in it since built.

If someone is just interested in the motor i would Consider selling the complete motor,supercharger, aftercooler,all the msd,ignition stuff, F.A.S.T computer system,(that was $2500 itself ) fuel injectors (They were about $750)fuel rails,fuel press regulator.etc. pretty much everything needed to make the switch and turn your vehicle into a fuel injected torque monster for $4500

If anybody is interested in the trans with controller + conversion kit etc. let me know.
Same if interested in the truck as a roller.
I'm not sure i want to take the time to do this but if i have enough interest i will consider it.

Please PM your phone number to me, I'm right in CT and might be interested in the truck. I was looking for a second Ram.

Gary

Forgot a couple things that go with the truck,there is a new pic inthe photo bucket of them.
just miscelaneous stuff,Owners manuals,Huge Service manual,Mopar performance computer,Truck runs on the F.A.S.T Computer now, but the mopar one is about a $300 computer that comes with the truck,and also some extra plugs.

Thanks for taking the time to show me the truck on Friday Dave, its looks like a bit more of a project than I can handle right now.

Thanks for taking the time to show me the truck on Friday Dave, its looks like a bit more of a project than I can handle right now.

Not a problem,I appreciate you coming to look,it motivated me to take it out + mess with it a little with the warm weather the last couple days.:cheers:
I know you talked about maybe tubbing it out + making it more of a race vehicle, which would be a project, I'd love to see that happen to this truck, I've actually considered doing a mini tub setup myself and give it the Pro Street look then paint it 98 corvette jet stream blue, unfortunatly i don't have the facilities to do the work or the patience to wait the time it takes for someone else to do it. It could be a small project if someone wanted to fix the bottom of the doors + have it painted,
but i don't want people to think this is a basket case or is a project vehicle or that anything really needs to be done if they don't want to, It's a running driving turnkey ready to go vehicle,with good tires,brakes,exhaust,stereo,motor,tranny,lights,etc. it doesn't overheat or foul plugs,sits and idles at 700 rpm no problem,and makes incredible power.It's ready to go.
Where the value is in this vehicle is the awesome power per dollar ratio, and all the big money,Time and aggrevation of buildng such a highly modified vehicle like this is already done + the next owner can enjoy it at a fraction of the cost, without all the down time of building it.you also get the the added utility of having it in an 8 ft bed full size pickup,+ even has a reese hitch for towing.
I have someone interested in buying the motor,but i really hate to tear the truck apart it's just too cool of a vehicle to dismantle + sell in pieces.
:burnout:

Someone save it.
I have a car being delivered shortly from down south + can use the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back