@#%@# Bulk head connector

-

kocuda

Reaction score
I love Mopars but the worst designed part they ever installed on an a body was the bulkhead connector.
I'm constantly loosing connections, tightening connections!
Does anyone make a suitable replacement?
Help!

The best, but hard way is something like a total replacemnt of it with something like a "Painless wiring" kit. It replaces every last bit of wiring in the car except the csteering colum (SP!)

The otherway is to re-do every connector yourself with new connectors from Raido Shack (Or equal) The hard part is keeping them still at the bulkhead.

When I fried the fuseable link in my Duster, I replaced the link with a thicker 10 gauge wire through the bulkhead.

Go to www.Evanswiring.com. I bought a repo bulkhead,($75, as far as I know they are the only ones who make them) engine and wiper harness. Next, I went to ebay to look for the original style connectors (interior side) and cut the old connections off then resottered the connections to the wire. The main issue I understand is the altern. wire is the one that burns up in the bulkhead. I since upgraded to a Powermaster alternator and run the wire straight from the alternator (bypassing the bulkhead) to the main connection on the lower portion of the fender that feeds the battery etc. OR spend over $400 on a complete Mopar wiring harness. So far, no problems. Evans does a really good job and I called them after to thank them for a really great product.

I forgot to mention they also sell the black "connectors" at about 15 bucks each. I have seen them higher other places though, bought I would buy from them to be honest.

Go to www.Evanswiring.com. I bought a repo bulkhead,($75, as far as I know they are the only ones who make them) engine and wiper harness. Next, I went to ebay to look for the original style connectors (interior side) and cut the old connections off then resottered the connections to the wire. The main issue I understand is the altern. wire is the one that burns up in the bulkhead. I since upgraded to a Powermaster alternator and run the wire straight from the alternator (bypassing the bulkhead) to the main connection on the lower portion of the fender that feeds the battery etc. OR spend over $400 on a complete Mopar wiring harness. So far, no problems. Evans does a really good job and I called them after to thank them for a really great product.

wow thanks for that link!!!! that is awesome! I'll have to give them a call. I need to rip out the wiring in the front half of my car.. I'm so tired of it.

Where can you get wiring for the column that won't break the bank?

-
Back