Bulkhead connector housing gasket

-

supertruck

Unretired Old Fart stock car racer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got a NOS middle housing for the engine side of my bulkhead connector. 1973 Dart Sport. The old housing had some kind of insulation/gasket pressed down around the male terminals. Anything special I should use to replace it? I thought about some thin foam insulation, like goes in the heater box, cut to fit. Any other suggestions?

Thanks cudascott. I saw that kit. Was hoping I could use something around the garage so I wouldn't lose another week waiting on the mail.

You can try the insulation foam they sell in the hardware stores, they have different thickness usually, it comes in a roll.

I tried to make one of those gaskets once. Little razor cuts spaced right for terminals to pass through, too much trouble. They are all the same so there are cuts where no terminal is. Not exactly weather tight huh? I put what was left of the original back in there with a good dose of dielectric grease.

Last edited:
Thanks cudascott. I saw that kit. Was hoping I could use something around the garage so I wouldn't lose another week waiting on the mail.
James is usually pretty fast in sending it. If he mails it today you could have Tues or Wed depending on your mail situation.
Worst case, assemble and then disassemble when it shows up.

Went ahead and ordered from Detroit Muscle this morning and it's already been shipped. Quick service.

-
Back