Bulkhead connector

-
Yup, especially if you use a really big hammer to jam it in.

Is it possible to plug a connector into a wrong plugin?
Nope. Each connector has differently located "keys" to prevent that from ever happening.
1692457136289.png

If someone has been into the wiring and switched some of the individual wires around within the connectors themselves however, all bets are off.

Thank you. That's what I thought. When I got the car it was stripped down to the shell. It is an all original numbers matching 73 sunroof car. The front harness was out. I wanted to try to stay all original as much as I could. It was in good shape so I put it back in. Here is my issue. I have power to start and run. I have runining lights in the grill and left fender, left turn signal works including top fender signal, wipers, horn, blower motor. That's it, nothing in the cabin and nothing in the back. I have done all that I know to do with my limited knowledge of wiring. (New turn signal switch and dimmer switch, voltage regulator, ECM, ballast resistor)

Time to get a wiring diagram and do some power tracing.
Yep.

Two ways to go about the problem solving. \
1. List the items that don't work and see if they share a harness connector.
2. List the circuits that don't work and trace them back to what they have in common.

The stripped down power feed diagram in this post is the start of how you would trace.
You can use the FSM diagrams to se if the items you list are on the same circuit(s) and maybe a disconnected feed or blown fuse.
Go to the connectors section to find where the body connector is and what is on it. For some years its behind the driverside kick panel.
The FSM may or may not also have some cable diagrams.
They will look like the one FrenchDemon posted here
1973 Duster Electrical Issue

Then look up the connector and see what is on it. it will be CI some number

-
Back