Bullrun!!!!!!!! Holy Sh**

-
Now come on you guys. I don't care what your opinions are. Facts are facts, that was a nice car. Was an all around performance car the way it was built, just idiot drivers.

Also, I wanted to see them gone but I didn't want to see them go out because they totaled the car. I felt bad for the guy that actually owned it actually...

Feel bad for someone who totally disrespects everyone else on the show?With all due respect,im not a chevy guy by any means,but the first episode
when they were making fun of the camaro,all i could think of was your driving a mitsubishi,something anybody could go buy off a lot,try that with that camaro,alot of hours went in to that car,and its an awesome car at that,i guess you dont have the talent to build your own make fun of those who can
and cover up the fact that your driving a nothing,store bought car.Those guys suck.No respect.Non given.
Care or not thats my opinion!

Hang in there TeamDart,i look forward to next week!

Feel bad for someone who totally disrespects everyone else on the show?With all due respect,im not a chevy guy by any means,but the first episode
when they were making fun of the camaro,all i could think of was your driving a mitsubishi,something anybody could go buy off a lot,try that with that camaro,alot of hours went in to that car,and its an awesome car at that,i guess you dont have the talent to build your own make fun of those who can
and cover up the fact that your driving a nothing,store bought car.Those guys suck.No respect.Non given.
Care or not thats my opinion!

Hang in there TeamDart,i look forward to next week!

That has to be one of the most ignorant things that I have ever heard. There was just as much work put into the misubishi (if not MORE) than there was in the camaro. That car does not come off of the lot like that in any way. There was tons of work done to both cars...

And as for trying to buy a camaro off of the lot... they were doing it everyday when those cars were new.

That has to be one of the most ignorant things that I have ever heard. There was just as much work put into the misubishi (if not MORE) than there was in the camaro. That car does not come off of the lot like that in any way. There was tons of work done to both cars...

And as for trying to buy a camaro off of the lot... they were doing it everyday when those cars were new.

As a former owner of a Dodge SRT-4 (no, it wasn't stock either), I can say straight up there is no way there were even half as many hours in the Evo as in that Camaro.

Yes, a 450 hp Evo is by no means stock. But installing a turbo kit and controller does not come close to the work done to that Camaro. Hell, even installing a turbo kit and controller, upgrading the intercooler, throttle body, BOV, fuel injectors, fuel rail, exhaust etc could be done in a long weekend if you had all the parts handy. A 450 hp Evo can be easily achieved with off the shelf parts. Hell, 450 hp is the spec for an ATP stage 3 turbo kit for an Evo VIII, and it advertises "100% bolt-on design. No welding, cutting, or fabrication". Don't believe me? http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/atp-turbo-stage-3-gt3071r-turbo-upgrade-mitsubishi-evo-viii-p-34373.html Its a weekend job.

Yes, it had a widebody kit on it too. Big deal. Again, this is an off the shelf deal. Gluing, 'glassing or bolting a kit onto a car does not a bodyman make.

When it all comes down to it, you could replicate that Evo with a few catalogs and some cash. I won't deny that there may have been hundreds of hours into that Evo, but it just doesn't compare to the amount or type of work done on that Camaro. I'm guessing thousands of hours are closer to the point with the Chevy, some of it obviously in custom work. And restoring a 40 year old car is not even in the same ball park as installing parts on a 5 year old one. I've done both, believe me.

The Evo guys were pricks. I wouldn't wish a totaled car on anyone, especially one that obviously had some work done to it, I don't doubt those guys really cared about their car. But that Evo doesn't rise to the level of that Camaro, or the Dart. Hell, even the Pantera and the VW probably have more time into them.

When I saw this post and read the title, I was thinking I need to watch the show before I read this post. While watching I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to Team Dart??? The suspense was building in me becuse on some of the trailers for the program they have shown the Dart busting through the fence, so again I was stuck thinking the Dart was going to crash or something bad must happen to the Dart.

I was so relieved when the Mitsubishi SMMMMACKEDDDD!! that piece of concrete. I thought that was the HOLYSH**!! moment, the Dart is safe. The Avalanche goes through the course no problem, then the Dart... I'm still a little tense, and they make it. Looked like their time was OK from what you are shown on TV. Then the flip pictures start coming up and I'm thinking "What the hell???"

Not really sure what was going through the dad's head, but after having to pick the fence off or out of your car, I would more then likely been taking it easy on the poor girl especially after what she had just been through. I have my fingers crossed that they are able to get it back on the road in save driving condition. Makes me also wonder if the other teams will pick the Dart for the challenges with it being in the wounded condition it is in.

As your title says "young blood" where were you in the 60's?I thought so.And if that Camaro was bought off the lot that way,you better study up,as far as ignorant,you havent restored a car in your life,you have no idea the work involved.Humor me,whats so special about this Mitsubishi?Stick with this conversation on you tuner websites,i dont think any one here cares to here how the japs cars are better than our muscle cars.

Well put 72blu

The Camaro wasn't an old car, it was a "New" 69 Camaro, they've been featured in magazines like Hot Rod and such, you can get one just like it for 250k.... That car was sick, all aluminum motor, great power, trick custom suspension, tons of fabricated sheetmetal to smooth the firewall and other parts.... that car itself was already sold on Barrett Jackson to the tune of 550k? For being the first one, they're building 50.

The Evo was a cool car as well, it had a manual boost controller, a programer, and I think some springs, wheels, tires, etc. It's actually already been totalled once, that's when they went with the Carbon Fiber panels.

Ok so here's the scoop. Yea my pop's made a HUGE mistake... and he still feels bad about it, you guys should have seen him at the time. And he didn't go run the Challenge again immediately after we finished, we hung out for a minute, and then the Production crew had told him to go run it again, just for some better camera angles, etc. He did it again, and comming back he got a little too sideways, over corrected, and then hit a concrete curb that started at about 3" and slightly got higher to about 36"... so he pretty much went spanky spangler style.

It sucks, but mistakes are made. He owns it still.... But that's also why we brought a Dart to the show.... (no offense) Dart's can be replaced, very cheap at that. There was nothing really special about that car other than the drivetrain and the suspension.... I think all and all that car had about $5,000 into it? Since the end of filming he's bought 5 more darts... that's right, 5... Don't know if any of them will go Green or not... but I think he got all of them for under a 1000 bucks. He took the motor out, and threw it in his Valiant now... it runs good... but we're doing a Tranny upgrade (the 727 in it is slipping 1st bad) and hopefully shoot for mid to high 6's in the 1/8th mile. So far the fastest that car's gone is 6.99. And no the Dart was a 10 second car in that trim, we threw some 2.73:1 gears in it, and the "blinger" wheels and tires instead of the street slicks.

Some pics
dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

dart6.jpg

dart_2650x1600.jpg

IMG_4630pl-24.jpg

Thanks for the pics TeamDart!Bad subject but do you have any during the rebuild after the wreck?I know some here are curious as they dont have cable to see the show and have heard so much about the incident.

Thanks for the details! The show made it seem like he went out for no reason and recklessly blew donuts, lol. Hope all is well and an even better Dart arises from the demise of another!

As your title says "young blood" where were you in the 60's?I thought so.And if that Camaro was bought off the lot that way,you better study up,as far as ignorant,you havent restored a car in your life,you have no idea the work involved.Humor me,whats so special about this Mitsubishi?Stick with this conversation on you tuner websites,i dont think any one here cares to here how the japs cars are better than our muscle cars.

Well put 72blu

I never said they were better man. I may not have restored a car before, but I just helped take apart the hemi in our garage today so I have done work before. I like musclecars better than tuners.... the camaro is great, the Evo was great before it was totaled. I have a lot of idea of the work involved so stop judging people by their age...

For more information, I helped restore an original hemi roadrunner with my dad and am currently restoring my rampage which will have all bodywork and paint done by me.... in addition to a recovered headliner and engine work. SO as far as not knowing goes... say that again a year from now. Don't judge me by my age man, gets on my nerves.

I'm not trying to come across as some punk kid but you don't know what I have an haven't learned.... the age thing gets to me a lot. Anyway, sorry if I made you angry with any of this.... the thread needs to get back on topic.

Ok so here's the scoop. Yea my pop's made a HUGE mistake... and he still feels bad about it, you guys should have seen him at the time.

Could tell on the show too... when they sent the Evo guy home and such. When he was telling everyone what happened you could tell he felt horrible. Glad he's ok though... and looking forward to the next episode.

no matter the out come,,you will have this memory of you and your dad doing this together for the rest of your life,,,,,congrats and thanks for bringing a mopar the the event,,,,i am enjoying the show,,maybe even more beacuse of team dart,,

No I just got my days mixed up... thursday is right... but I have to catch it before the new episode next week because I am missing it tonight and dont want to watch just a half hour.... so I wont be looking at my own thread for a week, haha.

i just watched it,,didnt realize there was a camaro in the deal,, i havent seen it latley,,,but glad its gone,,lol next week looks to be a wild one,,im pulin for the dart,,,but the girl that drivesd the solstis can drive better then he old man,,

Too bad about Dart. Tony and Paul, you did the Mopar world proud. It looks like you guys had some trans problems when you guys went to put it into reverse?

My father would have done the same thing. He celabrates like no other. It was a great victory in that run, with 2 hundreths of a second under team Evo!! The damage was significant but not that bad considering. Everyone (teams) came together and helped em' get back on the road. I dont know about you guys but my moneys on team Dart! MOPAR or NO CAR!:-D
Awesome Thread by the way!

-
Back